• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

$1850 hubs. Get them while they last.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
I don't think this is a non-existent problem, it is existent. Price point is high because it's new technology. If it ever becomes standard for mass production then invariably the price falls inline with everything else. I'm not saying it will or won't, but I'm all for the advancement of bike tech. Nice to see these projects come to fruition.

May 23, 2011
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:
I don't think this is a non-existent problem, it is existent. Price point is high because it's new technology. If it ever becomes standard for mass production then invariably the price falls inline with everything else. I'm not saying it will or won't, but I'm all for the advancement of bike tech. Nice to see these projects come to fruition.

Does the "advancement" make sense when normal bearings last for so long? All my cup and cone hube are still using their original bearings. Now factor in the cost and the weight.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
Damiano Machiavelli said:
Does the "advancement" make sense when normal bearings last for so long? All my cup and cone hube are still using their original bearings. Now factor in the cost and the weight.

I agree, have set's of mid 80's Campy hubs that were messengered on through Minnesota winters that have the original bb's and the races are still like mirrors. I also agree that the weight and price are nonsense, I still like to see advancement in bike tech like this. I'd give it a chance before totally poo poo'ing it at first sight. Having spent all my career in the bike biz on the tech end it's refreshing to see designs like this. Keeps the wheels turning and on top of my toes. ;)

TRENDING THREADS