• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2009 Tour

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Its quite interesting to see that nobody has been kicked out of the tour for doping this year. Anybody surprised that no riders have been kicked out? I was expecting atleast 1.

augie

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
A little surprised, given the talk before the Tour that the passport was about to finally catch some riders out.
How long does it take to get the results from the tests? I seem to remember they busted Vino quite quickly a few years ago.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
augie15 said:
Its quite interesting to see that nobody has been kicked out of the tour for doping this year. Anybody surprised that no riders have been kicked out? I was expecting atleast 1.
augie

Hi Augie... this topic was discussed at the start of the Tour but it is stuck down in page 2 now - so here is the link to it.
I know it was also mentioned in another thread too, but I cant find it.

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
UCI has taken over the testing from ASO/AFLD.

UCI do not want any more bad press.

There will be no negatives this year.

Therefore no riders are doping, it's a clean sport etc.

Just suspend your disbelief that Contador can do the fastest ascent in Tour history though.

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
It could be argued Landaluze, Cauchiolli, Dekker and Serranno would have been kicked out by now had they been allowed to start...

but arguing that the UCI might be finally getting it's act together will get me kicked out of this forum...

TRENDING THREADS