• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2009 Worlds Canberra

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
Thought someone better start the discussion, who's hot and who's not for Canberra.

Men's XCO:
No Naf.
Can Paulisen deliver the double or did he leave it all in Austria?
Will Sauser take home the stripes again or will he let someone else get to wear a pretty jersey?

Women's XCO:
Will we see a Chinese WC, or may be a Russian? Or will Fullana defend her title?

Men's DH and 4X:
Can the Aussies give the home crowd something to cheer about (assuming we are doomed in the XCO)?

Women's DH and 4X:
No defending champ so will we see a new face on the top step or an old hand?

Discuss...

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
I would like to know if people think the course is good. How does it compare to other Worlds?

I know a couple of people well who are putting a lot of work into this event (at great personal cost) with many others doing the same, no doubt.

I haven"t ridden there for a couple of years so I'm sure it is much better now but it still a little sad the trees haven't grown more.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Women's: Catharine Pendrel. She's due and has been riding very well lately.

Men's: who knows, but I like Kabush (yeah, I'm a biased Canadian, so what?). He ripped it up in the relay with the fastest lap time, maybe he's peaking at the right time.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I got to watch live on freecaster.tv ~~ dvd now available from them..best DH commentator ever Rob Warner...
Poms rubbished the DH course...was not really up to DH standards I agree..
The XC racing was torrid and with great camera coverage...thanks freecaster....