• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2011 Giro on DVD ?

It may not be. World Cycling Productions used to be my source for all the dvd's of the top races but they have slowly scaled back their library. They used to offer all the grand tours but stopped with the Vuelta in I believe 2005 and the Giro as of Menchov's win in 2009. It coincided with Versus not covering the events. Universal has been covering (or offering) most of the events that Versus chose weren't worth their time but this doesn't mean that they'll be available on dvd. I've frequently heard mention of a site called cycling torrents but that offers quite a few of the events that aren't available on the market in dvd form but I'm not sure of how it works since I've yet to check into it. I personally would love to add the 2010 & 2011 Giro's to my library so I'm still holding out hope.:)

May 15, 2011
Visit site
http://www.cyclingtorrents.nl is what Angrilu is talking about. It uses BitTorrent, which means that you don't have to worry about pausing downloads or having a constant internet connection. The files are big though, which means unless you compress them on your own you will need a Blu Ray or two (or like 7 DVDs) for all 21 stages. Plus if your internet provider has caps on data usage, you can chew through your allotted data very quickly. Still I'm a big fan of it because where else are you going to find old cycling stuff.

The Hitch said:
Ive never tried cycling torrents. Is it good.

Im not too picky, but 2 things make cycling clips unwatchable for me.

1 Dutch commentary
2 Ligget commentary.

So would I find a lot of videos on there that are watchable?

i'm sure you'll find the eurosport commentary. they have 'em all, but creating acccounts, and seeding rates are heavily monitored. So if you don't seed what you download your account will be de-activated in a blink of an eye. It became a hassle for me as I didn't want my torrent browser constantly up and uploading when I'm at home weeks/ months later. It was slowing my home network down as well with all the uploading. Good luck

masking_agent said:
i'm sure you'll find the eurosport commentary. they have 'em all, but creating acccounts, and seeding rates are heavily monitored. So if you don't seed what you download your account will be de-activated in a blink of an eye. It became a hassle for me as I didn't want my torrent browser constantly up and uploading when I'm at home weeks/ months later. It was slowing my home network down as well with all the uploading. Good luck

although i dont seed much i havent been de-activated.

Zam_Olyas said:
Cyclingtorrents is useful for me, in fact i am downloading giro 2008 (full race) right now. here is Giro 2011 http://cyclingtorrents.nl/browse.php?incldead=1&search=Giro+d'Italia+2011&page=1

I think it's great as well. On many of the Eurosport downloads you can choose commentary track from loads of different languages. I've experienced some problems however that my seeding ratio hasn't worked properly in the sense that it hasn't registered how much I've actually uploaded so that my ratio gets too low. However I think it's a good thing that they make sure people upload as well, I guess it's necessary for these types of sites to actually work.