• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2011 Leadville Results

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
durianrider said:
My housemate in NYC, Mike Arnstein finished 4th overall in the 100mile Leadville the week after. He forgot his bike and ran instead. Another vegan nutter.

wow what a result

I have a buddy who finished in the low 300's and this dude laps me and many of the boys here on the dirt in so cal. One of the fittest riders I know. so the level of fitness in this event is amazing

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Boeing said:
wow what a result

I have a buddy who finished in the low 300's and this dude laps me and many of the boys here on the dirt in so cal. One of the fittest riders I know. so the level of fitness in this event is amazing

I've always wondered how those ultra guys (and gals) would do on a bike. I figured they'd have some wind...

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
bc_hills said:
I've always wondered how those ultra guys (and gals) would do on a bike. I figured they'd have some wind...

I met up with the guy mentioned.

He could have done better but being his first entry he was not sectioned and started well back. Passing 500+ riders was problematic in the least.

Next year he will be placed sub 9 hour at start and will be in a better position to drop time.

I didn't think about the congestion for whatever reason

Maybe it is time to divide this into 2 events 2 days. One a ride to finish, perhaps for charity. the other a race with a true pre qualifying schedule