• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Gran Piemonte (Sept. 27, 1.HC)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Map
img_planimetria2012.jpg

img_altimetria2012.jpg

Last Km
img_ukm2012.jpg

Gilbert to take his 3rd win at this race in the rainbow stripes?

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
search said:
Rodriguez is on that startlist, but he is not doing it according to the startlist on katushateam.com

But apparantly most other riders of the Katusha squad will do all three, Milano-Torino, Piemonte and Il Lombardia - that sounds tough
According to that press release, Gusev in for Purito is the only change between Milano-Torino and Piemonte.

well i highly doubt movistar will have costa working for visconti, most likely they will see if visconti can deliver and if he isn't able to do so, they will work for costa.

that's if they don't work for costa from the very start, i mean they may have started the season with a similar status on the team but atm it's pretty obvious costa is the second most important guy for movistar while visconti isn't even on the top 5 :eek:

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Parrulo said:
ya quintana and his huge amount of UCI points is ;)

I;m sure unzue thinks of quintana a hell of a lot more important than costa. points or not. besides I wasn;'t just referring to quintana, but too number of others like cobo

Ryo Hazuki said:
I;m sure unzue thinks of quintana a hell of a lot more important than costa. points or not. besides I wasn;'t just referring to quintana, but too number of others like cobo

quintana has more potential then costa, i won't deny it, but at the moment he isn't as important for movistar as costa. And cobo is a totally lost cause, he will never ever perform under unzue. so would say in order of importance valverde takes first place but after him movistar's best rider this season has been costa, unless you think a stage win at the dauphine is better then winning the tour de suisse ofc. . . .

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:

Remind me what Cobo has done this season :rolleyes:.

Parrulo said:
quintana has more potential then costa, i won't deny it, but at the moment he isn't as important for movistar as costa. And cobo is a totally lost cause, he will never ever perform under unzue. so would say in order of importance valverde takes first place but after him movistar's best rider this season has been costa, unless you think a stage win at the dauphine is better then winning the tour de suisse ofc. . . .
You don't get it. Costa wasn't born in South-America, hence he can never be more important than Quintana.

To the neutral observer there is no doubt that currently Costa is their most valuable rider after Valverde. How that will be in the future, who knows.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
You don't get it. Costa wasn't born in South-America, hence he can never be more important than Quintana.

To the neutral observer there is no doubt that currently Costa is their most valuable rider after Valverde. How that will be in the future, who knows.

the point of me was. if unzue has to get rid of either costa or quintana. he will get rid of quintana for sure. thus is more valuable