• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 UCI Road World Championships TTT...

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody seen the rubric as far as how teams will qualify for the Team Time Trial? Obviously, there's no precedent, as it's a new event this year, and I can't seem to find the exact rubric anywhere else...help?

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
How hard have you been looking exactly? Any thought on maybe going to the official website or the UCI homepage?

- Top 20 teams in the European Tour
- Top 5 teams in the American Tour
- Top 5 teams in the Asian Tour
- Best team in the African Tour
- Best team in the Oceania Tour

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
LaFleur said:
How hard have you been looking exactly? Any thought on maybe going to the official website or the UCI homepage?

Yes, that's exactly where I went, and saw nothing.

LaFleur said:

Some interesting teams currently in the top-20 of the Europe Tour. Leopard-Trek Continental, Rabo Continental, Rusvelo... I wonder what the rule is on satellite teams participating.

LaFleur said:

Well, I thought the World Tour teams were participating. What is the point of having a TTT World Championship, if the top riders and teams aren't participating.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
the asian said:
Well, I thought the World Tour teams were participating. What is the point of having a TTT World Championship, if the top riders and teams aren't participating.

They will, all of them I believe. I know Sky is.

So if Sky is - then more PT should as well.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
How will that work then, the 9 men from the winning team get TTT jerseys for TTTs during the year? The whole team gets them? Whole team would make for a sweet TTT look.

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Rocksteady said:
How will that work then, the 9 men from the winning team get TTT jerseys for TTTs during the year? The whole team gets them? Whole team would make for a sweet TTT look.

Teams will only have 6 riders in the TTT, don't know about the jerseys..

Rocksteady said:

Good question. Would look a little weird in a later race if, like, they only brought 3 of those guys along to that particular race, and the other 6 were in the normal jerseys.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
They could do it like the team pursuit on the track, only the riders that participated in the winning team recieve the jerseys, actually looks ok I think.

Photo taken by Mark Gunter

That's from Australia's most recent Track Nats.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Warhawk said:
That's... odd. Why not a jersey? They'd only be wearing them for TTTs anyway, and those aren't the most common things in the world...

Because there's only 6 riders in TT.

Why would a rider from e.g. Sky that didn't participate in that TT wear the Worlds TTT ?

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
If they have a world championship in the team time trial, then the riders on the winning team should get world champions' jerseys to wear anytime they participate in one of those events for the next year. It's only fair. Though I would find a subtle way to differentiate the rainbow jersey for the ITT champion from those of the TTT champions, since both could be worn in a TTT.

The point of a world championship jersey is to stand out and recognize the person wearing it. But only the riders who actually rode for and won the world championship should get the jerseys. If there's a team time trial in the TDF, and only 4 of the 9 guys on Garmin or Sky are wearing rainbow jerseys, how is that any different from having half your team in national champion's jerseys? To me its no big deal and looks fine.

But the only special jerseys that should be worn during a team time trial are: the prize jerseys for that race, the national champion jerseys for ITT national champions, the ITT rainbow jersey, and the TTT rainbow jerseys. No TTT national champion jerseys, or we'll be swamped with strange and often ugly-looking kits on half the riders in the race.

TRENDING THREADS