• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tirreno - Adriatico

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
The colombians are usually the best of these guys by a long shot, but Hernandez was in really good shape in Oman, so it depends on thier form really

Hernandez looked very good in Oman. Would be ridiculous if he's not close to 100 % :)

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Miburo said:
So Cataldo, Henao and Uran

Vs. Rogers, Hernandez and Majka.

Which one is better?

Hard to tell, it depends on shape obviously. I'll give the advantage to sky but it's very close. Well we'll see :D

Sky. Rogers' form is nowhere near as good as it was last year this time, and Majka still has issues with his knee

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Miburo said:
So Cataldo, Henao and Uran

Vs. Rogers, Hernandez and Majka.

Which one is better?

Hard to tell, it depends on shape obviously. I'll give the advantage to sky but it's very close. Well we'll see :D

Based on indications thus far I wouldn't be surprised if Henao does a Froome and drops everyone but his buddy Uran.

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Forunculo said:
Saxo eight

Contador, Jesús Hernández, Bennati, Boaro, Tosatto, Majka, Rogers and Sergio Paulinho

RHRH19861986 said:
Majka isn´t riding, I read somewhere on a German forum. Knee problems, so no race within the next three weeks or so.

Yes, someone mentioned on twitter that Majka has knee problems so his replacement for T-A is... Roman Kreuziger! So if any one had hopes for Kreuziger in P-N they have been shattered :D

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
why is everyone doing the 3 vs 3 :confused:

Well it'll be important when Contador goes if Froome still has a teammate. Look at Oman where he still had Porte. Without Porte...

They've to isolate him obviously.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Miburo said:
Well it'll be important when Contador goes if Froome still has a teammate. Look at Oman where he still had Porte. Without Porte...
Without Porte? He seemed to need Porte to bridge across and then he took over the pace making and then after being so called dropped he rode back on and attacked past them and gained on Purito. I don't think he needed Porte all that badly in Oman, but I get your point. Still either Froome or Contador may be in better form than the other and then everything changes.

Froome19 said:
Without Porte? He seemed to need Porte to bridge across and then he took over the pace making and then after being so called dropped he rode back on and attacked past them and gained on Purito. I don't think he needed Porte all that badly in Oman, but I get your point. Still either Froome or Contador may be in better form than the other and then everything changes.

Based on races so far, I'd be surprised if either of them can drop Henao by very much if he was just riding for himself, so I don't think Froome will be short of help if he does need it.