• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour De France betting

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
So Froome and Contador are clear favourites to win the 2013 tdf at around $3.00 each. Personally, I can't see a clean Alberto beating an in form Froome with Porte and the Sky train behind him. Slim chance IMO. I just can't see Alberto getting clear of Froome ( not for very long anyway). Froome will be too strong and will beat him quite easily I think. I am surprised the betting is so close. What are your thoughts ?

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
They are retards.
Froome is miles ahead of Contador and still has lots of room for improvement.

Froome will be a level above everyone else, if you want to bet on him you just have to take into account the chance of him having bad luck, like a crash, mechanical

the sceptic said:
Put your money on Porte. He will be top 3 and if something happens to Dawg he will be the leader. I can see him winning in that case.

Thats the same thing for the OP though. His point is that the evil doper - Contador, cant dope because Mcquaid and co have made cycling impossible to dope now, and therefore good clean riders - Froome, Porte etc, can beat those bad doped riders.

Hooray.

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
With Bjarne-Hamilton story on one side and clembuterol ban on the other, Contador has a slim margin to dope unlike SKY. Everything depends of Bjarne's diplomatic skills to "buy" margin to dope. To be honest Saxo-Tinkoff has been crap all the season.

I agree it seems ridiculous. But we must not forget at the start of the season Alberto was way ahead of Froome, Froome closed the gap now and in a few weeks he'll be miles ahead.

By the way I don't understand why OP calls Berto "Alberto". You're not a fan are you?

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
By the way I don't understand why OP calls Berto "Alberto". You're not a fan are you?

For posts like this I am thinking to quit this forum. And there are 9,633 of them. In last year part of this forum gave up cycling and followed the love drama of a teen girl who, probably, will fell awkward reading her posts again in 3-4 years.

McLovin said:
For posts like this I am thinking to quit this forum. And there are 9,633 of them. In last year part of this forum gave up cycling and followed the love drama of a teen girl who, probably, will fell awkward reading her posts again in 3-4 years.

I knew someone would react this way :D calm down I was just joking :rolleyes: deleted my post

iZnoGouD said:
They are retards.
Froome is miles ahead of Contador and still has lots of room for improvement.

Froome will be a level above everyone else, if you want to bet on him you just have to take into account the chance of him having bad luck, like a crash, mechanical

Use of the term genius is completely unacceptable in any context in today's society. It shows complete and utter disrespect to the millions of disabled people around the world most of whom had no control over their disability.

I work daily with brain injured people who are just as human as you and they don't need to be insulted by reckless and thoughtless language.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm not entirely sure why this post is in the Clinic.

If It's just here to stimulate a discussion on possible doping by Froome or Contador, both already have healthy active threads, and this is unneeded.

If it's an actual discussion of form and odds, it doesn't need to start in the clinic.

Or have the rules changed?

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
martinvickers said:
I'm not entirely sure why this post is in the Clinic.

If It's just here to stimulate a discussion on possible doping by Froome or Contador, both already have healthy active threads, and this is unneeded.

If it's an actual discussion of form and odds, it doesn't need to start in the clinic.

Or have the rules changed?
Yes, you are right. It really wasn't doping related and hence I should started the thread in the 'Road' racing section. Perhaps one of the mods could move it.

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Eshnar. IMO, I would leave it as it is. The betting thread is quite big at ~100 pages and it will get lost in there. Like the Giro and perhaps Vuelta, the TDF is a major race and i believe it deserves its own thread.

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Bexon30 said:
Who's offering 100's? Is Valverde going though, if so this could hamper him, no?

A couple less than when I made that post :D

http://www.boylesports.com/Betting/...ationid=top,24.1,93853.1,437406.1&time=224237

This has 125/1

http://www.youwin.com/en/betting/cycling

Don't have an account myself with either of those, I do with Bet Fred and they did but not anymore!

As for Valverde it could definitely but someone said in the PRR section that Valverde had made some comments recently about not being an out and out leader at the tour as he knows how good Nairo is.