• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour of California: Stage 8: San Francisco-Santa Rosa (132 km)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I0Hq2t7.png

profile-08.jpg

One last stage for the sprinters.
Contenders: Sagan, Farrar, Meersman, Hushovd, Matthews, Chavanel.

Farrar and Sagan are only separated by 1 point in the sprint competition (with Sagan in the lead). Both will be looking to bring him green. I think it will be one of them that takes this, hoping for Sagan.

Schleck to go in the break again? Just for the hell of it? :p

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Is that final climb too far out to be a launching pad for a breakaway? There is still north of 2,000 meters of climbing on this stage, even if nobody is confusing it with a mountain (or even medium mountain) stage.

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Levi will jump in the break from the side of the road and solo in for the win.

Not really, but does anyone question whether this idea went through his head?

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Stage just finished. Sagan won.

Got to go down as the least active stage thread in forum history. Total of 3 posts before the race, 0 during.

LOL. I wish I took a screen shot. Pretty sure there were only 245 thread views when I first saw Hitch's post.

Would make for a great headline.

Stage just finished. Sagan won.

I'm just going to assume that Hitch actually posted that three days ago then came back to change the date stamp. Epic headline for an epic race.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Great win and celebration by Sagan. I was watching the whole stage and it was pretty quick (short) stage so it wasnt the usual printers stage borefest.

Overall I think the ToC was a success and I hope they will bring more pro teams next year and visit my home roads once again :)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey! That's my thread you all are insulting! :mad:
Only natural today's stage wouldn't attract much attention with the Galibier stage of the Giro, and today being a sprint stage to wrap up the race.

It's been a good race overall though this week, happy to see Sagan win today and take the points jersey for the 4th year in a row. And Glad that Tejay finally has gotten his first stage race win. Hopefully we get more competition next year, that's one thing that could have improved this years race.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
manafana said:
Peter Sagan makes cannondale bikes look amazing each time he comes here, is he going do tour again since cannondale have whipped caruso to do the giro

Yes, Tour is his next goal.