• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Giro d'Italia, Stage 21: Gemona Del Friuli-Trieste (172 Km)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Whoa what a crowd of Columbians all singing along with the national anthem while narito sings too holding his baby. Pretty moving ceremony!

Darn for Tyler, thought he had it for a sec. Yes, I know he's a wrecking ball but he's a local for us in Seattle, so still supporter.:rolleyes:

Carols said:
Well I thoroughly enjoyed the final couple of laps. That rise and descent sure added a bit of spice :) Nice win by Mezgec!

OMG now it is raining, waited just long enough!

I have that Hollow Felling that shows up at the end of every GT. It's been three weeks of having a good friend visiting, but tomorrow they will be gone :(
It'll be worse tomorrow. You won't know what to do with yourself.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I hope that someone posts the kind of reception that these two Colombians get back home.

When Colombian climbers are winning GTs, we can be certain that things are not bad in the current peloton.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
murali said:
Thanks a lot!
Hugo87 said:
Damn... :mad: Freaking Eurosport didn't show Colombia national anthem, neither champagne celebration by Quintana.
It was (read down)
christopherrowe said:
That was kind of cool, hearing the crowd sing the Colombian national anthem. I have a feeling this isn't the last time I'll be hearing that song over the next few years.
Sciatic said:
Whoa what a crowd of Colombians all singing along with the national anthem while narito sings too holding his baby. Pretty moving ceremony!
...snapped...
Beutiful moments really :emotions:
murali said:
I hope that someone posts the kind of reception that these two Colombians get back home.

When Colombian climbers are winning GTs, we can be certain that things are not bad in the current peloton.
We will find it somewhere!

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
wirral said:
It'll be worse tomorrow. You won't know what to do with yourself.

I had planned for it in advance. I have scheduled three back to back meetings tomorrow. It's day-after-tomorrow that i am nervous about.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
An interesting observation:
1st and last for Pink jersey and White jersey competition are the same two ppl:
Nairo Quintana for 1st and Jetse Bol for the last.

Christian said:
I think we have to be honest and say Nizzolo, though I like him very much, is only a 3rd rate sprinter :(

Oh, I'd be more generous than that. There are dozens and dozens of sprinters in a the professional peloton, which numbers hundreds and hundreds of riders. I've never seen the joy in only thinking of one or two names when thinking of the top riders of any given skill set.

Is one to be considered a good sprinter only if one wins stages in certain races or the overall in certain Classics? Surely cycling is a bigger and more democratic sport than that. One of the great things about this sport is that so many of the fans (not all, of course) celebrate the achievements of those who finish sixth, or those who finish at all. Show me a man who who finished third in a hard fought sprint at the Eneco tour and you're showing me a man I'm impressed by, and who I'd happily stand a drink.

Nizzolo is very talented, and I'm impressed by his record.

TRENDING THREADS