• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Giro d'Italia, Stage 4: Giovinazzo - Bari (112 Km)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
tappa_dettagli_tecnici_planimetria_04.jpg

tappa_dettagli_tecnici_altimetria_04.jpg

Back into Italy we go for some real...er...flat roads? It's yet another sprint stage, but the good news is the next stage finally has some bumps in it. Just got to get through one more bunch sprint and easy Kittel win.

Or perhaps he will mess up and another sprinter will pounce...Viviani?

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Agree with kwibus Kittel was out of position yesterday and still managed to get past swifty with a great lead out from ebh. If everybody stays upright giant train Kittel win. Swifty will hopefully get his chance when it gets lumpy.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
though i hate to say this, i think a crash(or lack of getting involved in one) might decide the victor here.
too many sharp bends for my liking. :(

but this is better than a pointless 218km flat.

maltiv said:
Good thing they have this short, easy stage after the tough beginning to the race. The riders certainly need some rest after a short TTT, two completely flat stages with no racing involved, followed by a rest day...

The first 4 stages were an invitation for the top sprinters. Well, only Kittel showed up.

It backfired, hope it won't happen at the Giro again.

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Who will take responsibility on that circuit? Cannondale again?

Lets just hope for dry roads this time.

Cannondale will try to hit the front a bit later this time, Sky nearly upset the applecart and will certainly try again, Giant train got disrupted in Dublin but will have more resolve this time, loose cannon Bouhanni will be there to bite ears off and give everyone a heart attack.

TRENDING THREADS