• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Giro D'Italia, stage 8: Foligno - Montecopiolo 179 km

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Morabito very impressive

Ulissi amazing, rising star

very good stage 8.5/10

all set up for Uran who has not the pressure on Quintana and Evans

darwin553 said:
So glad for your sake it didn't really happen! :p

Not quite. Basso benefited from the pace of Morabito but when the pace was turned up the usual Basso shone through; which is to say his days of being a podium contender is over – top 10 if he is lucky.

Also shame that Mick Rogers had to sacrifice himself for Majka on the 4th wheel of the AG2R lead out train.
Rogers was dropped on the Carpegna, so he definately wasn't going to do much better without working :rolleyes: He was lucky to even come back after that

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Better Call Saul said:
Try forming an opinion not shared by the masses.
Plenty of riders have gotten this kind of hype, not all of them get to the top or manage to stay there.

Lol why should I form another opinion than masses when I agree with them.For god sake,I follow this little guy from his racing days in Colombia,and believe he can deliver big time,why should I change my opinion then:confused:

What hype?This hype is based on results,he was great in few races and he was 2nd in Tour where he was... (read my signature)

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Afrank said:
Quintana will destroy everyone that get's in his way as he climbs like and angel to every single MTF win. Evans, Uran, and everyone else think they have known pain, but they don't know real pain until they faced off against Nairito. He will put everyone into such oxygen debt through his many epic solo attacks that they will beg for mercy until they finally collapse off their bikes mid stage in exhaustion. While everyone's legs are turning inside out Nairito will be ascending the slopes of Italy like Pantani every time the road goes uphill. 10.0 W/kg, breaking every climbs record, and making guys like Merckx and Hinault look like over hyped neo-pros. It will be domination on a scale never seen before.

I am 100% serious with this post. :cool:

This post is utter hillarious.:D:DI felt on the floor,you are a genius Afrank,almost better post than Contador one .I will quote it into Quintana thread,you deserve it

Dekker_Tifosi said:
The Belgian commentators reconned the final climb and said there was a fierce side/headwind. So I think they actually did push a bit more than you'd give them credit for.

It seems though definately not all commentators are as well informed as the Belgian ones. Since all of you seemed to expect heavy attacks into the headwind :eek:

don't know, i took into account the big drafting

by the way, on a closer look, they went actually very fast in the last 3 climbs if you take them combined:eek:

http://www.climbing-records.com/2014/05/peaceful-day-in-giros-first-mountains.html

ag2r faster than LPR in 2008:cool:. lavenu fuel better than bortolani's:p

i wonder how fast marco used to climb this, probably under 20 minutes like a boss

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Yingge said:
Oh dear, that statement puts most of the other fan-boys to shame.

And if he doesn't live up to all your dreams by 17:30 on June 1, what happens then?

The chance of it not happening is a 1 in 1000 chance. So I don't have to consider what then. ;) :cool: