• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Paris Nice, Stage 7: Mougins - Biot 195.5km

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ryo Hazuki said:
we will see how he handles real distance of classics. I don't think he can

That's why I consider Betancur better overall as well. He allready finished 5th(I thought) in L-B-L and 5th in the Giro.
Slagter isn't near that and I don't think he will ever, but he is certainly allowed to surprise me.

This P-N though should've been Slagters, but mechanical are part of racing as well. Tough luck.

Slagter faded pretty fast after TDU last year, and I foresee the same problem this year as his program is Milan San Remo > Criterium International > Pais Vasco > Brabantse Pijl > Amstel Gold Race > Fleche Wallonne > LBL > Giro.

Dont think he has a big enough engine to deal with all this.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
The Dutch Purito strikes again. Betancur ain't got nothing on him... except for luck.
i've just laughed like mad:D:D
Dekker_Tifosi said:
gonna say it right now, Slagter would've won PN without bad luck. Way stronger than anyone here, even Betancur
you dutchies (most of yu) are the most biased fans ever.No offence ;)
Christian said:
Exactly the same here. I look forward all year to the final run up the Mur

yeah,last five minutes are something like pogio,redoute,muro,GT MTF or paterberg.my heart is like 200 bmp :D

ILovecycling said:
you dutchies (most of yu) are the most biased fans ever.No offence ;)

They tend to be slightly more biased but they are generally very knowledgeable which makes up for it. Actually I find most of the Dutch posters to be relatively realistic in their views although DT is probably the most nationalistic person on the forum when it comes to riders(not that there's neccessarily anything wrong with that.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
BigMac said:
I know you're not, but could not help it since you support Colombian cycling. ;):)
:)
jaylew said:
They tend to be slightly more biased but they are generally very knowledgeable which makes up for it. Actually I find most of the Dutch posters to be relatively realistic in their views although DT is probably the most nationalistic person on the forum when it comes to riders(not that there's neccessarily anything wrong with that.

Yeah,they have great knowledge AND english,which is secret to me why:D
bolded:This.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
gonna say it right now, Slagter would've won PN without bad luck. Way stronger than anyone here, even Betancur

I just watched stage 6 again, and Slagter didn't drop Betancur. He created a small gap to Costa and Vichot, but Betancur was behind these two when Slagter accelerated. But when Costa suddenly was in front, Betancur easily closed the gap.

It's really BS to say that Slagter would have won. He Night have won yes, but you can't know if Betancur had more in him and had been able to pass Slagter as well as Costa. And the race isn't even over yet, there is still tomorrow.

TRENDING THREADS