• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tirreno-Adriatico, Stage 5: Esanatoglia - Terminillo

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Bushman said:
Mollema must be the ugliest climber in the entire peloton. His style is awful.

Great ride by him, though. Should hold on for 3rd in GC.

With his ugly style he dropped "the greatest and most stylish cyclist that ever rode a bike",i think is a good compromise. I suppose you never saw Escartin riding.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

DBotero said:
Bushman said:

With his ugly style he dropped "the greatest and most stylish cyclist that ever rode a bike",i think is a good compromise. I suppose you never saw Escartin riding.

He dropped Coppi? :D

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

DBotero said:
Bushman said:

Who is that?

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

del1962 said:
Just watched the race, if Pozzovivo, Yates, Pinot and Contador had been prepared to work together, then they would have been closer to Quintana and Mollema, also Purito and Uran would not have got back
Yes, Mollema was also very smart and a went at the right time, he wasnt bettter than those guys but toay he was smarter.

DBotero said:
Bushman said:

I know, and I did praise him in my post, didnt I? It was just an observation regarding his style.

BTW im too young to have witnessed Escartin, unfortunately.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
RAI was so embarassing, the wanted to give Quintana a new nickname and called him L'azteco, how ignorant can you be?
They even asked him how he likes that nickname, I like Alessandra De Stefano but asking him that question was pretty bad.
Hell, they might as wel call him the cowboy...

Arredondo said:
DBotero said:
Bushman said:

Who is that?
Bugno, by a mile. (For the style I mean)

Re:

Mayomaniac said:
RAI was so embarassing, the wanted to give Quintana a new nickname and called him L'azteco, how ignorant can you be?
They even asked him how he likes that nickname, I like Alessandra De Stefano but asking him that question was pretty bad.
Hell, they might as wel call him the cowboy...

The aztec? Oh dear god, that is shameful indeed.

Re:

del1962 said:
Just watched the race, if Pozzovivo, Yates, Pinot and Contador had been prepared to work together, then they would have been closer to Quintana and Mollema, also Purito and Uran would not have got back
Pozzivivo had recently had surgery and was probably content to just stick with Contador, same for Pinot. For Yates it was his first ride glued to the wheel of a GT great, he's too inexperienced to assume responsibility for the chase.

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Maaaaaaaarten said:
I didn't see it, but it's good to see Purito is really back and it's good to see Quintana killing it again.

The TT will be interesting for the lower regions of the top 10, because it's very close and most of them are abysmal TTers. It would be hilarious if Poels could move up a few places by becoming 70th in a TT or something; but considering he only needs a few seconds on Purito, Pozzovivo, Yates or even Pinot he could do something with a bit of Etixx TT magic. :p

Expect Poels to ride a reasonably good time trial, I'd say top 20. He was awesome in the Giro's individual time trial last year and he is in good shape again.