• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France time trials

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Besides the opening time trial, what else do you expect regarding the discipline

• one regular individual and a mountain one

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
sir fly said:
The rumor about a ttt on stage 9 is getting to the level of certainty.
Only 13 kilometers of individual time trialing and less than 50 in total is rather unusual.
Hard to believe, if you ask me.

Froome should skip the tour and focus on the tour of britain

I would like to see one really long individual and one TTT. Yes, most people don't like TTTs, but I enjoy them. Cycling is still a team sport. And if guys like Purito can't get a good enough team around them that is their problem.

Pricey_sky said:
Shocked at the proposed lack of iTT proposed in next years Tour. Hopefully I will be surprised tomorrow but I doubt it. There really should be at least another 40km of iTT to begin to balance the route.
Or at worst start with TTT and have a normal ITT on Stage 9.

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
If you'd try to balance TT with climbs you'd need like 250km of TT.
A TTrialist who can't climb has zero chances to finish within the Top 15.
A Climber who can't TT can still finish easily Top 10 or 5. In same occasions he can even win.

there should be at minimum 100 km time trials...

TRENDING THREADS