• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Vuelta stage 1: Puerto Banús > Marbella 7.4km TTT

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
That constant grin on Flecha's face somehow reminds me of Steve Carell. Even during the tour, he must be excited to be there.

Haven't seen a more pointless stage in a gt ever. Also the point where the clock was stopped seemed to be earlier than the red gate.

Re: Re:

Billie said:
cadence said:
Billie said:
Beech Mtn said:
Why is Sagan still sitting in the hot seat tent with BMC?

BMC doesn't have any U25 riders on their team. So Sagan is first young rider.

Young rider jersey doesn't exist in the Vuelta

It does exist. There is not a jersey for it though. (because there are max 4 jerseys allowed)

Should probably get rid of that pointless combination jersey, which is nearly always won by the overall winner anyway.

DFA123 said:
Billie said:
cadence said:
Billie said:
Beech Mtn said:
Why is Sagan still sitting in the hot seat tent with BMC?

BMC doesn't have any U25 riders on their team. So Sagan is first young rider.

Young rider jersey doesn't exist in the Vuelta

It does exist. There is not a jersey for it though. (because there are max 4 jerseys allowed)

Should probably get rid of that pointless combination jersey, which is nearly always won by the overall winner anyway.

yep, the sport is better off trying to give the next gen some focus along the way.

You know that all complains were unjustified when the powerhouse of Caja Rural ends 19 seconds behind the stage winner. Anyone could have ridden safe without loosing more than 30 seconds. Some of them just chose to ride enjoying the landscape. I'm amazed they didn't stop to take a drink along the way.

giuying said:
No_Balls said:
The amount of pussies in the peloton is actually saddening. Back in the days this was considered a good road for the mountains.

However, the organisers had their wish and controversy right from the start. Just as it was intended.

They should institute a no helmet rule, just like back in the day.

Maybe everyone should go back to using abaci (abacuses) to do their calculations, just like back in the day.

They should all have motors on the bike! All this pedalling could be tiring and make people sweat.

And yeah, i prefer the good ol caps over helmets. I swear they've all become worse bike handlers since the introduction of that rule.

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site

No_Balls said:
giuying said:
No_Balls said:
The amount of pussies in the peloton is actually saddening. Back in the days this was considered a good road for the mountains.

However, the organisers had their wish and controversy right from the start. Just as it was intended.

They should institute a no helmet rule, just like back in the day.

Maybe everyone should go back to using abaci (abacuses) to do their calculations, just like back in the day.

They should all have motors on the bike! All this pedalling could be tiring and make people sweat.

And yeah, i prefer the good ol caps over helmets. I swear they've all become worse bike handlers since the introduction of that rule.

You are silly. Hope all is well in your world dude...............