• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Vuelta stage 21: Alcalá de Henares > Madrid 97.8km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Carols said:
I always feel a bit sad and empty when a GT ends. It's like these guys have been visiting daily and now the house is empty. But the Vuelta is the worst because there won't be anther GT until next May!!!! :(. Thanks for the great show!

It's been a strange Vuelta for me.

The first 2 weeks were a bit meh: the initial TTT fail, the repetitive parcours, the abandon of Nibali and Froome and the lack of action in the Asturian mountain block. Not to be forgotten the great super Andorra stage, a format that should be repeated every year.

The 3rd week on the other hand saved the race. A very good design, with a TT and 3 hilly-mountainous stages that favoured long range attacks that ultimately resulted in the legendary Cercedilla stage.

Re:

Carols said:
I always feel a bit sad and empty when a GT ends. It's like these guys have been visiting daily and now the house is empty. But the Vuelta is the worst because there won't be anther GT until next May!!!! :(. Thanks for the great show!

I feel you.

Let's hope we'll get some good racing the upcoming month and then it's hibernation time again. Not looking forward to that.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
bettiniphoto_0223572_1_full_670.jpg

Valverde, pre-stage: In a little while I will take that green jersey off you. When I do, your balls will feel like this.

Re:

Carols said:
Damn the Vuelta gives crappy winners trophy!
To be honest I kind of like those circular glass trophies, they are different and look quite classy. Seems the organization is sticking with them, this is the third year they've had it as their trophy? Before that they would switch regularly, I still remember the hideous gigantic glass fruit bowl Alberto received in 2012 :eek: that was a mess. These new ones are kinda cool.

Re: Re:

Kwibus said:
Carols said:

I feel you.

Let's hope we'll get some good racing the upcoming month and then it's hibernation time again. Not looking forward to that.

Yes there are still some races to look forward to :). Then it is the great winter wasteland :( :(

LaFlorecita said:
Carols said:
Damn the Vuelta gives crappy winners trophy!
To be honest I kind of like those circular glass trophies, they are different and look quite classy. Seems the organization is sticking with them, this is the third year they've had it as their trophy? Before that they would switch regularly, I still remember the hideous gigantic glass fruit bowl Alberto received in 2012 :eek: that was a mess. These new ones are kinda cool.

Someone today got a fruit bowl LOL :).

I'm sure any rider is proud to have even these trophies on their shelf!!!

Carols said:
Kwibus said:
Carols said:

I feel you.

Yes there are still some races to look forward to :). Then it is the great winter wasteland :( :(

Ahem.

cyclocross_1886083a.jpg

TRENDING THREADS