• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Paris - Nice, March 6th - 13th, WT

Page 83 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the 2016 Race to the Sun?

• Zakarin

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Other

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • Bardet

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Dumoulin

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • Costa

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Gallopin

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sanchez

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Porte

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • Thomas

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • Contador

Votes: 41 41.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Bernie's eyesore said:
Thomas, however, was good enough to win with the parcours, the cancelled stage, against a Tinkoff-Porte-Wellens collaboration with possible help of motorbikes. Thomas must be superhuman, blimey.
Yes, it's not like the parcours suited Thomas better or anything :rolleyes:
I'm trying to stay relaxed, but geez, you Sky fan-nutters are making it hard not to flip out.

They didn't at all. Far too much climbing to be ideal for Thomas, no long time trial and no cobbles. What you actually mean is that the parcours were not 100% tailored to suit Contador which is a completely different argument. It was actually a very fair, balanced route which suited both riders equally which is why we ended up with such an exciting battle for GC.

Bernie's eyesore said:
LaFlorecita said:
Bernie's eyesore said:
Thomas, however, was good enough to win with the parcours, the cancelled stage, against a Tinkoff-Porte-Wellens collaboration with possible help of motorbikes. Thomas must be superhuman, blimey.
Yes, it's not like the parcours suited Thomas better or anything :rolleyes:
I'm trying to stay relaxed, but geez, you Sky fan-nutters are making it hard not to flip out.

They didn't at all. Far too much climbing to be ideal for Thomas, no long time trial and no cobbles. What you actually mean is that the parcours were not 100% tailored to suit Contador which is a completely different argument. It was actually a very fair, balanced route which suited both riders equally which is why we ended up with such an exciting battle for GC.
The climbs and the parcours in general were not ideal for Thomas, but on balance they suited Thomas better than Contador. The reason we ended up with a close battle for GC is that Contador is so strong uphill that he could still put up a good fight.

Bernie's eyesore said:
LaFlorecita said:
Bernie's eyesore said:
Neither can I, the fact is that he was not good enough. Glad we agree on that point.
Great, so we can agree that his tactics were spot on.
Indeed, he wasn't good enough to win on this parcours, with the cancelled stage, against a Team Sky-Gallopin collaboration with possible help of motorbikes. No shame in that! :) he's not superhuman, after all :)

You're forgetting the most important reason he won. Henao deserves every bit as much credit as Thomas.

LaFlorecita said:
Bernie's eyesore said:
Neither can I, the fact is that he was not good enough. Glad we agree on that point.
Great, so we can agree that his tactics were spot on.
Indeed, he wasn't good enough to win on this parcours, with the cancelled stage, against a Team Sky-Gallopin collaboration with possible help of motorbikes. No shame in that! :) he's not superhuman, after all :)

Uh? Think I missed this.

LaFlorecita said:
HelloDolly said:
Not at all...a win is a win ...

You complain about (something that is denied by Thomas and SKY btw ) yet concur that Contador benefited from the same in past but don't undermine those wins or spent pages questioning their validity

Talk about grasping at straws, selective bias and circular arguments

I am not sure what the purpose of your posts

A true sporting person...would say the best man/team won and leave it at that

As I say very unedifying
I struggle to understand why you care enough to get so worked up about it :confused:

Seems like you are equally if not more 'worked up about it'?

Valv.Piti said:
I'm a bit annoyed that it probably cost Alberto the win but the only reason I still discuss it is because there's a bunch of Sky fanboys in this thread that refuse to believe it could have happened or could have had an effect on the outcome.
But that's not what my post was about, I was just wondering why HelloDolly gets so worked up all the time about my alleged selective bias, circular arguments, poor sportsmanship, the purpose of my posts etc. etc. I don't understand why all of his/her replies to me are so full of obvious frustration and anger. I mean, who the hell cares. I certainly don't care what the motives behind his or her posts are.

LaFlorecita said:
Valv.Piti said:
I'm a bit annoyed that it probably cost Alberto the win but the only reason I still discuss it is because there's a bunch of Sky fanboys in this thread that refuse to believe it could have happened or could have had an effect on the outcome.
But that's not what my post was about, I was just wondering why HelloDolly gets so worked up all the time about my alleged selective bias, circular arguments, poor sportsmanship, the purpose of my posts etc. etc. I don't understand why all of his/her replies to me are so full of obvious frustration and anger. I mean, who the hell cares. I certainly don't care what the motives behind his or her posts are.

I haven't one bit of anger towards you ..I am sure you a very nice person when you are not on here

You cannot see or chose not to see how unreasonable your posts are
I point this out to you ...that is all
You chose to see it as someone's else problem or say things like why take it so seriously or it all a laugh while simultaneously using language and arguments that are unreasonable and anything like a laugh

Anyone who argues against you is a SKY fan boy
I don't support SKY above any team but I am prepared to say when they do well as I am prepared to say so about Contador or any rider ...Here lies the difference between you and other reasonable posters

I think there is not point as I say with these circular arguments. You continue on doing what makes you happy ..I'll just leave it be