• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Vuelta a España, stage 10: Lugones > Lagos de Covadonga

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Red Rick said:
At first he was mostly saying he wanted to win the Tour on the road, but then the CAS decision happened, and all of a sudden he was saying it was his Tour, and he earned, and lots more of stuff like that
IIrc he didn't say he earned it after the CAS decisions happened, but when he had his first injuries and noticed that maybe he will actually never be able to win a tdf. After 2011 he was the outstanding favorite for 2012 (before the route was announced) because Evans was getting older and Alberto was banned. His biggest rival would have been his own brother, but then 2012 happened :(

Anyway I think it's logical that he now says he won the tour. Every journalist sees him as the tdf winner of 2010, most cycling fans do too and most importantly I think it would be strange to say "I don't deserve the tour although the guy in front of me doped." After such a statement there would immediately be guys who say that means he doped too, because otherwise he wouldn't say he doesn't deserve the win.

Re: Re:

carton said:
42x16ss said:
Wow, that's a lot when it's coming from Sastre. What brought it on?
Contador trying to neutralize a Tour peloton for a fallen Sammy Sanchez, who most everyone does seem to get along with. It was a heat of the moment; I think they mostly got over it. But they're not exactly close.
Sastre's comments were addressed to everyone in those days. His comment about spoiled brats may have come after Contador asked the peloton to wait for Sammy Sanchez during the Tourmalet MTF stage, but that was just two days after the chaingate in Port the Balès. He added that he wanted to congratulate Andy for his stage win in the Tourmalet but he didn't know how to do it, clearly meaning that the stage win had been gifted by Contador not sprinting.

hfer07 said:
yaco said:
And S.Yates yet again towed Chavez up the mountain.

I don't know WTF is wrong with Chavito- he's just not there yet. is he perhaps waiting for the 2nd & 3rd week get stronger?

It's to do with preparation - Chavez had one race day between the Giro and the Vuelta and is struggling - Kruuswijk had 2 race days between the Giro and the Vuelta and was struggling before he crashed out - I doubt you can survive a GT with one or two race days in nearly 3 months.

Re:

Ataraxus said:
Froome - Quintana- AC (accurate) gaps at different phases of today's stage:
(km to go indicates the distance of the race leader to the finish at the moment Froome/ AC pass at the exact location that Quintana has passed previously)

-10.0k -> 12s
-9.3k -> 17s
-8.9k -> 17s
-8.2k -> 17s
-7.5k -> 23s
-6.9k -> 35
-6.3k -> 39s AC Starts his attack
-5.9k -> 49s
-5.7k -> 41s Froome increases tempo
-5.5k -> 38s
-5.3k -> 35s
-4.8k -> 33s
-4.3k -> 29s
-3.0k -> 19s (8s to AC)
-2.5k -> 25s (Froome catches AC)
-1.9k ->30s (45s toAC)
-1.0k -> 30s
finish -> 25s

It would be fascinating to see power estimates for each of these segments.

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
picked a terrible weekend to be without a TV that's for sure, not much to add but to say having watched it - best stage of a GT this year so far.

Who was it said 'That's it, the race is over' after stage 1?

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site

Catwhoorg said:
Ataraxus said:
Froome - Quintana- AC (accurate) gaps at different phases of today's stage:
(km to go indicates the distance of the race leader to the finish at the moment Froome/ AC pass at the exact location that Quintana has passed previously)

-10.0k -> 12s
-9.3k -> 17s
-8.9k -> 17s
-8.2k -> 17s
-7.5k -> 23s
-6.9k -> 35
-6.3k -> 39s AC Starts his attack
-5.9k -> 49s
-5.7k -> 41s Froome increases tempo
-5.5k -> 38s
-5.3k -> 35s
-4.8k -> 33s
-4.3k -> 29s
-3.0k -> 19s (8s to AC)
-2.5k -> 25s (Froome catches AC)
-1.9k ->30s (45s toAC)
-1.0k -> 30s
finish -> 25s

It would be fascinating to see power estimates for each of these segments.

Well, Vervaekes power data showed 6,5 W/kg as he was holding Froomes wheel for 27 secs.

Gigs_98 said:
Red Rick said:
At first he was mostly saying he wanted to win the Tour on the road, but then the CAS decision happened, and all of a sudden he was saying it was his Tour, and he earned, and lots more of stuff like that
IIrc he didn't say he earned it after the CAS decisions happened, but when he had his first injuries and noticed that maybe he will actually never be able to win a tdf. After 2011 he was the outstanding favorite for 2012 (before the route was announced) because Evans was getting older and Alberto was banned. His biggest rival would have been his own brother, but then 2012 happened :(

Anyway I think it's logical that he now says he won the tour. Every journalist sees him as the tdf winner of 2010, most cycling fans do too and most importantly I think it would be strange to say "I don't deserve the tour although the guy in front of me doped." After such a statement there would immediately be guys who say that means he doped too, because otherwise he wouldn't say he doesn't deserve the win.

He pretty much said that first and I don't doubt as should everyone that Andy was the clean rider. Lol...
Actually I think one of the reasons he dissapeared is better doping control, but that could also mean I'm very naive.

Kwibus said:
Gigs_98 said:
Red Rick said:

He pretty much said that first and I don't doubt as should everyone that Andy was the clean rider. Lol...
Actually I think one of the reasons he dissapeared is better doping control, but that could also mean I'm very naive.

61%20alejandrovalvdere.jpg

PremierAndrew said:
Kwibus said:
Gigs_98 said:
Red Rick said:

That's not a definite answer, but nobody has an answer. I know what you are suggesting, but some riders really couldn't perform without juice at all, while others showed they could. Ofcourse those others could still be doing it.
Well we never know and also this is the wrong forum :D

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

Kwibus said:
PremierAndrew said:
Kwibus said:
Gigs_98 said:
Red Rick said:

That's not a definite answer, but nobody has an answer. I know what you are suggesting, but some riders really couldn't perform without juice at all, while others showed they could. Ofcourse those others could still be doing it.
Well we never know and also this is the wrong forum :D
I'd like to add that Valverde isn't actually doing anything amazing, eyebrow rising or so. When it comes to big mountains, he can't hold on with best . Not even closely.