• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2018 Giro d'Italia - STAGE 3: Be'er Sheva – Eilat 229 km

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
Jagartrott said:
Yes, it was a great decision to start the Giro d'Italia in Israel.
Uninspiring and dangerous at the same time.
That's because the Giro actively tries to avoid doing anything interesting with its foreign excursions. Doing it all in reverse - Eilat to Be'er Sheva and then Tel Aviv to Haifa - would have been infinitely more interesting. There's a lot of great terrain in Israel, none of which was used.
This.

I couldn't spare the time to be competitive and participate in the Roman Empire design challenge, but a lot of small climbs with a murito finish atop the Golgotha was possible...classic...was not going to happen. OK, no politics.

The entire design, what GTs do these days, is to keep things close so they can capture audiences and revenue. The prologue was enough to create time gaps for now. It's all about the money. Moon-like landscape, boring as crap in Israel, nothing for a fan to get the wife on board (hey, look at the castle!). I give credit for the Israeli stream on Steephill...nice. I saw the desert in HD...I love the bushes :( ...

Two meh stages, I wish ASO could say that.

Back to Italy. Finally. Now the race begins.