• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2021 Ladies Tour of Norway, 2.WWT - 12th to 15th August

Stage 1 » Halden › Sarpsborg (141.5km)

ladies-tour-of-norway-2021-stage-1-profile-26d1f634cc.jpg

ladies-tour-of-norway-2021-stage-1-map-8d39517c85.jpg

ladies-tour-of-norway-2021-stage-1-finish-648f27f7be.png

ladies-tour-of-norway-2021-stage-1-climb-d6e6880b68.jpg

ladies-tour-of-norway-2021-stage-1-climb-n2-a166a57dc0.jpg

Heroic ride!
Congrats to Faulkner.

Danes like their cycling race better than Norwegians like theirs.

We'll see next year, when this race starts in Denmark.

A bit of a revenge for Faulkner over the US selection committee for not bringing her to the Olympics, but bad for me, cause I did consider her as my stage huntress pick.

Fine start for Cille, even though she just missed out on bonus seconds. I missed some of the final action, so I'm not sure what happened to Cavalli.

I'm pretty sure Cavalli was the FdJ rider, who was involved in the crash with Cordon Ragot, Korevaar, possibly Harvey, Leah Thomas and a SD Worx rider (maybe Cecchini), but a lot more riders were affected by it, especially Rivera.. Given it was an uphill finish, I assume they're not going to reset the time differences.

Last edited:
A bit of a strange finish even taking into account the characteristics of ladies cycling - A peleton of 40 riders with teams having multiple riders, yet only Valcar did a lead out.

Well everyone was probably expecting DSM to do it, but then they lost Rivera in the crash, and nobody was ready to take over from Valcar, who started their leadout a bit too early anyway. Still DSM had both Mackaij and Labous in the group, so they should probably have used one of them to set the pace, before Roy started the sprint.

Well everyone was probably expecting DSM to do it, but then they lost Rivera in the crash, and nobody was ready to take over from Valcar, who started their leadout a bit too early anyway. Still DSM had both Mackaij and Labous in the group, so they should probably have used one of them to set the pace, before Roy started the sprint.

Roy also had one or team-mates in the leading group.

Roy also had one or team-mates in the leading group.

The whole thing was a mess after the chrash, where there initally were a group of 23 riders with the rest fighting to get back on, so Roy was actually isolated, whereas the three DSM riders were there all along.
Anyway they probably won't give the break too much leeway today.

How do you turn a ride between two cities approximately 13 km apart into a 145 km stage? It's easy, just get someone with an unsteady hand to draw the route!
E8p6iV-XEAA6FlB

TRENDING THREADS