• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

29er trail ride

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Looks like they are pretty good riders and the dog mud be tired too.
Were they actually trying to trash that bike? Threw it in a fire after failing to break it?

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Master50 said:
Looks like they are pretty good riders and the dog mud be tired too.
Were they actually trying to trash that bike? Threw it in a fire after failing to break it?

I think he was riding that bike as hard as he could just to see if it could take it. So I guess he was kinda trying to break it. I'm hoping that the fire thing was a joke... there didn't appear to be a bike in the fire.

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Boeing said:
I don't get it

Some people are skeptical that a 29er could handle as well in the forest as a 26, but it appears that they handle very well under the right rider. It's not the gnarliest trail I've ever seen, but he still kills it. DH buddy couldn't keep up or stay up.

It's a commercial for the bike company's new 29er. They are trying to generate some buzz. Considering the fact the XC product is plain-vanilla 4130 and they want some sucker to pay $600 for it, they need all the buzz they can get because they aren't price/feature competitive.

The premise here is to generate buzz about the 29er. The wheel size for the guy riding the bike is immaterial. Have the riders switch bikes and DH buddy will still be falling over and generally falling behind. That would make a bad commercial though!

Nice trails! The guy riding in the shots is good.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
watched it a couple of times now and the guy is flying. dude is a charger for sure. didnt hear any rotor squeal either. kinda sick for sure. clearly he has no mortgage

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I dunno..

DirtyWorks said:
It's a commercial for the bike company's new 29er. They are trying to generate some buzz. ... That would make a bad commercial though!

Nice trails! The guy riding in the shots is good.

I don't think Jimi H smashing and burning his Strats hurt Fender sales any. Not a perfect analogy but I think that's the idea.