• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

30th Tro-Bro Léon (1.1) - 14-04-2013

30th Tro-Bro Léon (1.1) - 14-04-2013

No thread for this today?

2012_tro_bro_leon_profile.jpg

Tro-Bro-Leon-1361912626.png

startlist

Don't know if there are any streams about..

luckyboy said:
Don't know what's going on but livestream here apparently - http://bretagne.france3.fr/

Nothing on right now :(

Before the transmission broke up there was a big, probably decisive break with names like Lemoine, Seb Chavanel, Jaco Venter, Dumoulin (my big favorite for the race), Geslin and Domagalski up ahead.

This race deserves a better lineup than it has. Dirt roads and especially Kerouartz Castle makes a beatiful scenery.

Problem for it is that it's a week after Roubaix, so most of the true contenders who you might think would be the top marquee names for it are putting their feet up. Clashing with AGR hurts its TV marketability too. Still, it's a very nice race, and ought to be a bit more than the average 1.1 race, a bit like Strade Bianche.

Libertine Seguros said:
Problem for it is that it's a week after Roubaix, so most of the true contenders who you might think would be the top marquee names for it are putting their feet up. Clashing with AGR hurts its TV marketability too. Still, it's a very nice race, and ought to be a bit more than the average 1.1 race, a bit like Strade Bianche.
It should just replace Scheldprijs or whatever it's called

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
A week after Roubaix is clearly not ideal, they should think of moving the dates around perhaps, like doing it BEFORE Roubaix as a warm up race for that one. Calendar is very tight though regarding cobbles et al. Solution could be to move to August, before the Vuelta, not much racing happening there or doing it as a 1-2 with Paris Tours perhaps?

Roude Leiw said:
With a decent line-up this could be a truly great race. ASO should take over

Horror !
Are you a cycling fan or what?

I don't give a f*ck if the line-up isn't decent. The race is great as it is, whoever races it and if those *** take over, I boycott it.

God Bless Brittany and may they never forget their motto:
Kentoc'h mervel eget bezañ saotret
Rather Death than Stain

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Agree, Tro Bro Leon should be somewhat like E3 is to Flanders, Laigueglia is to San Remo, some 1.HC and 1.1 races in Italy are to Lombardia. But I see no chance for TBL in the moment.

It´s still 1.1, maybe one could fix it on Tuesday between Flanders and Roubaix, but not gonna happen, organisers will prefer it to be on weekend. Then, it´s April, often wet, and if you crashed in a TBL before Roubaix, then Roubaix´s not gonna happen for you.

But Tro Bro Leon is and remains a great race.

Sad that GP Herning 1.1 in Denmark is dead, it was also held partially on bad roads, like Strade Bianche and TBL. Denmark lost its most important 1.1 race, surprising as they have a WT team in Saxo.

I especially remember 2008´s edition of Tro Bro Leon, where Guesdon won, eleben years after his Roubaix victory. Bad weather, like in most editions, was live on a small German channel. And Maxim Gourov, riding for A-Style Somn finished on the podium. I´ll never forget this day, I saw the A-Style jersey, checked it on Google, and just thought, "What the f.ck, they can´t be serious, I can´t believe my eyes"... :D
"Does this jersey want to show what I seriously suppose it wants to show?" :eek::D

RHRH19861986 said:
I especially remember 2008´s edition of Tro Bro Leon, where Guesdon won, eleben years after his Roubaix victory. Bad weather, like in most editions, was live on a small German channel. And Maxim Gourov, riding for A-Style Somn finished on the podium. I´ll never forget this day, I saw the A-Style jersey, checked it on Google, and just thought, "What the f.ck, they can´t be serious, I can´t believe my eyes"... :D
"Does this jersey want to show what I seriously suppose it wants to show?" :eek::D

Mourey's predecessor as French CX champion, Aurélien Duval, went around the fields of France and Belgium wearing this:

aurelien-duval-met-fin-au-regne-de-mourey-246648.jpg

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Mourey's predecessor as French CX champion, Aurélien Duval, went around the fields of France and Belgium wearing this:

aurelien-duval-met-fin-au-regne-de-mourey-246648.jpg

Oh, that´s bada**, too :D
Imagine a jersey with one half Duval´s jersey, and on the other side, A-Style´s logo. I guess Peter Sagan would buy himself out of his contract and ride for this team, even if it was CT and he earned 1000 EUR a month. :D

RHRH19861986 said:
Agree, Tro Bro Leon should be somewhat like E3 is to Flanders, Laigueglia is to San Remo, some 1.HC and 1.1 races in Italy are to Lombardia. But I see no chance for TBL in the moment.

Tro-Bro should stay what it is - a French race for French riders. No need to have *** like Flecha, Cancellara, Boonen here as well. That's the most enjoyable part of this race - you never know who'll win it.

RHRH19861986 said:
Sad that GP Herning 1.1 in Denmark is dead, it was also held partially on bad roads, like Strade Bianche and TBL. Denmark lost its most important 1.1 race, surprising as they have a WT team in Saxo.
You'll be pleased to know that GP Herning is back for this year, on the 20/04, if only as 1.2 race. Last year, all the effort was put into the Giro start, and the local race sort of fell off the back.
They may be back to 1.1 status for 2014. With three other UCI races taking place in Jylland the week after this one, this could hopefully develop into a second Danish fix point in the calendar - not on the same level as the Tour of Denmark (where half the field consists of WT teams), but the level just below that.

Echoes said:
God Bless Brittany and may they never forget their motto:
Kentoc'h mervel eget bezañ saotret
Rather Death than Stain

Remarkably similar to the North Frisian Lewer duad üs slav (Rather dead than slave)... Kindred spirits, us coast people. :)

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Fus087 said:
You'll be pleased to know that GP Herning is back for this year, on the 20/04, if only as 1.2 race. Last year, all the effort was put into the Giro start, and the local race sort of fell off the back.
They may be back to 1.1 status for 2014. With three other UCI races taking place in Jylland the week after this one, this could hopefully develop into a second Danish fix point in the calendar - not on the same level as the Tour of Denmark (where half the field consists of WT teams), but the level just below that.

Very nice, great news, thanks a lot! :)

TRENDING THREADS