• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

It can't be true that this race does not have a thread!!!

But I don't know how to post images :(

Anyway:

Stage 1: Easy, no wind, in a forest, sprint.
Stage 2: Easy, no wind, not in a forest, southwards, sprint.
Stage 3 (ITT): Hard, ITT, flat, no wind, not sprint.
Stage 4: Very hard, no wind, very hilly, ending on a hill, 7.4 km, 5.9%, irregular, lots of hills throughout.
Stage 5: Easy, wind possible, looks foresty, probably no selection, sprint.
Stage 6: Quite hard, puncheur finish, quite a lot of altitude metres, wind unlikely to play a role.
Stage 7: The what has sadly become a mandatory feature of a MTF on Valdeblore - La Colmiane. Hopefully, it will not have a "the last live sport we are gonna see for months" vibe like last year.
Stage 8: Short, hard, no Col d'Èze, possible to stress a weak leader's team if you're Contador, not a sprint, de la Cruz is ready to take his third win here even if it ends with a descent.

Favourites:

**** * Roglic
*** Porte, Schachmann,
** Vlasov, I Izagirre, TGH, Gaudu, Hindley
* De la Cruz, Teuns, Bennett, Kruijswijk, Lutsenko, Dennis, G Martin, Benoot, Barguil, Latour.

No, it's not a coincidence that I have a gap between 5 and 3 stars.

Sprinters present: Bennett, Démare, Pedersen, Ackermann, Nizzolo, C Bol, Kristoff, Degenkolb, Matthews, Philipsen, EBH, Bauhaus, Laporte, Bouhanni, Coquard, Meeus, Danny van Poppel, Greipel, Groves.

I agree with those who say that the start list is slightly underwhelming.

Past winners (in the time I watched the race):
2020: Schachmann
2019: Bernal
2018: Soler (how!?!)
2017: Henao
2016: Thomas
2015: Porte
2014: Betancur
2013: Porte
2012: Wiggins
2011: T Martin
2010: Contador
2009: LL Sánchez
2008: Rebellin
2007: Contador

So, all in all, I checked the weather forecast, and sadly, it doesn't seem like we will get the crosswind action that we have gotten used to. But luckily, we have other races this year to accompony this race with!

Am I missing an in-joke or something?

Not only is there a thread, but you've posted in it?

Am I missing an in-joke or something?

Not only is there a thread, but you've posted in it?

I don't get it either.

But for some reason I am now anticipating posts from a new poster by the name of 'tobydawg'.

I can't believe this thread has 18 posts while my Godon-thread may never reach ten.

Reading it for the second time this sentence especially springs into mind:
"I agree with those who say that the start list is slightly underwhelming." You must then have remembered the conversation about the start list in the other thread?

Anyway, great thread, it's starting to become my second favourite after classes with the pros.

I can't believe this thread has 18 posts while my Godon-thread may never reach ten.

"I agree with those who say that the start list is slightly underwhelming." You must then have remembered the conversation about the start list in the other thread?

Anyway, great thread, it's starting to become my second favourite after classes with the pros.

Godon?

I think most of us here are atheists; rename it Godoff.

• Wow
Reactions: SafeBet

Or I may have other friends :cool:

TRENDING THREADS