• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Peter Øxenborg Hansen exists, and might be good at some time in the future

Juan Ayuso's time at Coll du Rates has today been beaten by new Danish super talent! His name is the 18-year-old Peter Øxenborg Hansen! And of course he is a rider on Jonas Vingegaard's old Danish team ColoQuick.
Read all about the new record from the new Danish super talent below:
(The article is translated via google)

https://sport-tv2-dk.translate.goog..._sl=da&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=da&_x_tr_pto=wapp

We already know.

• Haha
Reactions: noob
Nice tailwind
windlol.jpg

Well.....it doesn't sound like it's a new Vingegaard. Here are his own thoughts about himself as a rider:

However, it is difficult for the 18-year-old ColoQuick rider to specify his type of rider, as according to himself he has his strengths in several different terrains.

“It's hard to say what type of rider I am. I'm good at the smaller climbs, which are shorter than a quarter of an hour, but I'm not a mountain rider at all. I just like to drive uphill. I can ride a bit of everything, and you can't say that I'm one particular type of rider, but a typical, versatile Dane."

This is also reflected in Øxenberg Hansen's results list for 2023. In addition to the success in the Ardennes, there have been victories in Danish junior races, where he has won both in smaller groups, larger groups and also drove home alone

Well.....it doesn't sound like it's a new Vingegaard. Here are his own thoughts about himself as a rider:

However, it is difficult for the 18-year-old ColoQuick rider to specify his type of rider, as according to himself he has his strengths in several different terrains.

“It's hard to say what type of rider I am. I'm good at the smaller climbs, which are shorter than a quarter of an hour, but I'm not a mountain rider at all. I just like to drive uphill. I can ride a bit of everything, and you can't say that I'm one particular type of rider, but a typical, versatile Dane."

This is also reflected in Øxenberg Hansen's results list for 2023. In addition to the success in the Ardennes, there have been victories in Danish junior races, where he has won both in smaller groups, larger groups and also drove home alone
We are just missing one thing, to assure that he is the new Vingegaard (he also has the same surname)....we need to know his vo2 max!