• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

40th Route du Sud [2.1]

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
The 2016 route was announced today in Toulouse (642kms - 5 stages).

KgBRv7.jpg

The route of the 40th edition Souvenir Francis Auriac (June 16 to June 19)
FGDsrC.jpg

Stage 1 (June 16) : Saint-Pons-de-Thomières / Bessières (196km)
N8MWCd.png

9FlKo9.png

d88Z3D.png

Stage 2 (June 17) : Saint-Pierre-de-Trivisy / Albi (92.4km)
QiTDq4.png

Luwb5u.png

KyJfSE.png

Stage 3 (June 17) : Albi / Albi ITT (13.4km)
nt2YHI.png

4ZVjbl.png

ecpudW.png

Stage 4 (June 18) : Saint-Gaudens / Val d'Azun - Couraduque (184.9km)
TQVVwP.png

8XPJgz.png

QgpSnj.png

ydSFrn.png

BHApnP.png

LUCYRA.png

Tzwmsy.png

ABKTRW.png

Stage 5 (June 19) : Gers Astarac Arros en Gascogne (8 laps in Clermont-Pouyguillès) (154.8km)
u21shJ.png

UVB4tg.png

vp9xHO.png

Our partner for mapping and profiling : ProCyclingMaps (https://twitter.com/ProCyclingMaps)

Teams

AG2R LA MONDIALE
ARMÉE DE TERRE
CAJA RURAL-SEGUROS RGA
COFIDIS, SOLUTIONS CRÉDITS
DELKO MARSEILLE PROVENCE KTM
DIRECT-ÉNERGIE
EUSKADI BASQUE COUNTRY – MURIAS
FDJ
FORTUNEO – VITAL CONCEPT
GAZPROM-RUSVELO
HP-BTP AUBER 93
MOVISTAR TEAM
RADIO POPULAR BOAVISTA
SOUTHEAST – VENEZUELA
STÖLTING SERVICE GROUP
(and maybe one more to come)

Live brodcast
On Eurosport in 70 countries for the last 80kms of each stage

CiFoU-hWEAAjfHP.jpg

Great news as well, after the Dubaï Tour, the Route du Sud will be the first race to stream live images from onboard cameras thanks to Eurosport !

Follow us and support our volunteer work

Twitter
Our Facebook page
Watch RDS highlights on Youtube
Our new website for race details

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Thank you !
After a great 2015 edition, we had to design an appealing route to make the race progress. The Route du Sud discovered Balès or Payolle in the past, and now we are proud to held for the first time a procyling finish in the Col de Couraduque. A trial before the Tour de France in the future ?

Re:

trevim said:
Looking forward to see what the young portuguese can do, specially Frederico Figueiredo and David Rodrigues. ´

Unless they have to slave away for August angel Rui Sousa :D

Heh...Joining an international forum like this really was an eye opener for me a few years ago in this regard. I still wondered why the heck old All-Terrain-Cândido never went to the TdF. :D

Love the fact that Antoine drops by every year to share the RdS route on PRR. Particularly interested in Bordéres as I'd like to see the TdF use the little diversity this area offers, all things considered. Hard to see past someone like Pinot. I figure it could be a shoe-in for Bala if he went though.

Wait, is Pinot going? I think its unlikely that he will race here considering he does Dauphine. Both Quintana and Valverde could possibly be at the start also, but I honestly think neither will. Its not every year you can get a Quintana v Contador on Balés.

TRENDING THREADS