• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

6 british riders in team sky

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I was led to believe, that upto half off the squad would be British according to Scott Sunderlund???? I can only see 6 at most or did they mean English speakers???

Mar 30, 2009
Visit site
kease7 said:
I was led to believe, that upto half off the squad would be British according to Scott Sunderlund???? I can only see 6 at most or did they mean English speakers???

I think its pretty fair to say that they haven't got the exact riders they originally set out to get. I dont think they expected it to be that difficult for them to get Bradley Wiggins or Ben Swift for a start.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
within 3 years.

NOT Cav, cos he needs 6 to 7 riders exclusive to his equipe.

But
Kennaugh x2
Swift
Thomas
Stannard
Wiggo
Bellis
Fenn
Christian
Rowe
Blythe

post 2012, Steven Burke I would think.

depending on how Lloyd improves, he would probably come across. They have Downing now, who will have perhaps only the one contract, then out.

guys like Tennant, Rowsell, Dowsett, Hampton could jump, pending their improvement and commitment.

Personally, I would like to see Jamie Burrow on the team.

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
kease7 said:

Its simple, the brits don't have 10 decent riders. :D

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
think Burrow would be about 31. Bout the time Ludo Dierckxens went pro, and he did ok in a race like Brixia a year back with Amore et Vita. Stick him on a program, he will fly uphill like Rasmussen, no doubt about it, you dont have the record for Plateau de Beille if you are a mug. You wont see Wiggo or Dan Martin beating that anytime soon.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
I dont think Dan Fleeman had his contract renewed with Cervelo for next year, he had a disappointing season with injury but surely worthy of a chance with SKY.

nup, they have bigger ambitions than a guy like Fleeman. Mediocre is kind.

Only veterans with possibilities to move across would be Hunt and Hammond.

I would like to see Clancy and Burke cross to the road after London. Clancy had a pretty decent 2005 Langkawi, good chrono, ok on Genting, think he was top 20. The guy could be a fine rider in Belgium if he went 100% on the road. Manning and Clancy did not do much of a program when they were on Landbouwkrediet.

TRENDING THREADS