• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

8 Things On Lance Armstrong From The "Other Side Of The Grass"

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Hombre El Asso said:
Whether you believe your theories or not, it must be hard to know that with winners, nothing sticks!

Shack attack :D

lolcatsdotcomcm90ebvhwphtzqvf.jpg

A

Anonymous

Mellow Velo said:
I'd say that this forum also proves, that with complete losers, nothing sticks.

Might as well admit that the Shack Attack is one of the world's best teams. I sense jealosy :cool:

How To Go About Investigating Lance Armstrong

peloton said:

Little more than 2 weeks after I wrote this article, it has had close to 10,000 pageviews and 90+ comments from people. I have received plenty of support, plenty of civilized discussions and plenty of admonition, verbal abuses and threats as well in my email. I expected it all, because the price to pay for accepting responsibility for sharing controversial information is such. No biggie...

In the end, I can come to atleast one logical conclusion : Believe what you want to believe about LA, BUT do it after you have seen both sides of the story. There should be no pressure to join one side of the other, because it's your independent judgment after a complete and balanced independent study. This is one way as I see it to end endless battle of words between LA fans and those who don't accept him as an ethical or truthful athlete (guess where I am)

If you're open minded to listen to what I have to say, then read the following.

American people go by the American criminal justice system's buzz words - "innocent until proven guilty", "innocent until taken to court" and so on...

But all one really needs to do is independently apply the American criminal justice system method to an independent study of LA. Why not? Nothing says you can't do it. You have every right to as you're a cycling fan.

So I outline the 3 basic steps of how to do this :

Step 1 : Come to a discussion on LA's doping, such as my article referenced above, completely assuming that Lance Armstrong is innocent. I think that's a fairly good starting point considering how good an athlete he is and how "morally" sound he is due to the fact he's a donor to cancer charity and so on. I didn't say that but that's what normally most people think of him.

Step 2 : Okay. Just like in a criminal court, think of yourself as judge, and be open minded in hearing the evidence from the jury by listening to and reading lists of evidence that points to his fraud, unethical behavior and sporting malpractice in cycling.

Step 3 : If the mountain of evidence collects like a stack of cards one on top of the other, not once but by ten times, twenty times etc over the course of years..statistically, it would mean only one thing : Given one's initial assumption of Lance's complete innocence, the collection of facts listed about him from eye witness accounts, drug experts, scientists, investigative journalists, former teammates, friends, whistle blowers, paper transcripts etc, the presumption of innocence of Lance Armstrong has to be, at the very minimum, rectified and changed if not made conclusively false. If the evidence is overwhelming, you discover and say to yourself that such an outcome is highly rare and highly unusual to happen given the presumption of innocence. Hence Armstrong is guilty and not a truthful athlete.

My biggest issue in this whole affair, regardless what the reader's conclusion after doing the above steps are, is that most people who are adversely affected by the facts presented for LA's actions hardly do any of the above. They are more likely to resort to common cheap techniques such as verbal abuse and name calling and diverting attention from the topic of primary interest to other topics of lesser importance. One reason I think is that people not ready to change their mindset and be open-minded in the first place. They like to construct their own tales around their hero and build castles around it. It looks beautiful from the outside and they want it to stay that way. No one should disturb it. Often, the status quo trumps logic and rationale. :)

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Cozy Beehive said:
Little more than 2 weeks after I wrote this article, it has had close to 10,000 pageviews and 90+ comments from people. I have received plenty of support, plenty of civilized discussions and plenty of admonition, verbal abuses and threats as well in my email. I expected it all, because the price to pay for accepting responsibility for sharing controversial information is such. No biggie...

In the end, I can come to atleast one logical conclusion : Believe what you want to believe about LA, BUT do it after you have seen both sides of the story. There should be no pressure to join one side of the other, because it's your independent judgment after a complete and balanced independent study. This is one way as I see it to end endless battle of words between LA fans and those who don't accept him as an ethical or truthful athlete (guess where I am)

If you're open minded to listen to what I have to say, then read the following.

American people go by the American criminal justice system's buzz words - "innocent until proven guilty", "innocent until taken to court" and so on...

But all one really needs to do is independently apply the American criminal justice system method to an independent study of LA. Why not? Nothing says you can't do it. You have every right to as you're a cycling fan.

So I outline the 3 basic steps of how to do this :

Step 1 : Come to a discussion on LA's doping, such as my article referenced above, completely assuming that Lance Armstrong is innocent. I think that's a fairly good starting point considering how good an athlete he is and how "morally" sound he is due to the fact he's a donor to cancer charity and so on. I didn't say that but that's what normally most people think of him.

Step 2 : Okay. Just like in a criminal court, think of yourself as judge, and be open minded in hearing the evidence from the jury by listening to and reading lists of evidence that points to his fraud, unethical behavior and sporting malpractice in cycling.

Step 3 : If the mountain of evidence collects like a stack of cards one on top of the other, not once but by ten times, twenty times etc over the course of years..statistically, it would mean only one thing : Given one's initial assumption of Lance's complete innocence, the collection of facts listed about him from eye witness accounts, drug experts, scientists, investigative journalists, former teammates, friends, whistle blowers, paper transcripts etc, the presumption of innocence of Lance Armstrong has to be, at the very minimum, rectified and changed if not made conclusively false. If the evidence is overwhelming, you discover and say to yourself that such an outcome is highly rare and highly unusual to happen given the presumption of innocence. Hence Armstrong is guilty and not a truthful athlete.

My biggest issue in this whole affair, regardless what the reader's conclusion after doing the above steps are, is that most people who are adversely affected by the facts presented for LA's actions hardly do any of the above. They are more likely to resort to common cheap techniques such as verbal abuse and name calling and diverting attention from the topic of primary interest to other topics of lesser importance. One reason I think is that people not ready to change their mindset and be open-minded in the first place. They like to construct their own tales around their hero and build castles around it. It looks beautiful from the outside and they want it to stay that way. No one should disturb it. Often, the status quo trumps logic and rationale. :)

Hmmm, you seem to be obsessed with Lance. He may have hurt your feelings with his behaviours in the past, but unless you know him, you should not take it to heart.

Phantom Menace said:
Hmmm, you seem to be obsessed with Lance. He may have hurt your feelings with his behaviours in the past, but unless you know him, you should not take it to heart.

Show some respect. I just think your jealous because he's been enlightened and
is taking the time to bring this light to you and all the other ungrateful ones blinded by the light of his arch enemy below. Why should this arch enemy get all the love from kids around the world while the CozyBehive gets verbally abused and threatened for his gallant efforts for truth and justice in his fantasy world.

Mr-LIGHT-BULB-HEAD--55151.jpg

SpeedWay said:
Show some respect. I just think your jealous because he's been enlightened and is taking the time to bring this light to you and all the other ungrateful ones blinded by the light of his arch enemy below. Why should this arch enemy get all the love from kids around the world while the CozyBehive gets verbally abused and threatened for his gallant efforts for truth and justice in his fantasy world.

That was a super cool post. LOL on Mr. Light Bulb Head. Amazing stuff!

Hey, do you have anything to refute what Cozy Beehive has assembled, or do you just have a lot of "Mr. Potatohead-esqe" images?

May 26, 2009
Visit site
red_flanders said:

Hey, do you have anything to refute what Cozy Beehive has assembled, or do you just have a lot of "Mr. Potatohead-esqe" images?

I think he's just going with the images.

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Wow, that was a long read (blog & related links) and after reading that, I am sadly reminded of the O.J. Simpson case (the mountain of evidence). Some of this stuff I already knew and some I did not. I used to be a huge lance (& Hincapie, to boot) fan, but after what I have learned and what I have seen over the last several months, I am disgusted. I have to say that the "comeback" seems to have backfired and LA only succeding in drawing attention to the very things he wished to cover up. Not that I would have said this, but I now understand why Paul Kimmage said what he did to Lance in the California press conference.
I can't stand the idea of cancer sufferer's pain being hijacked to divert attention away from this.

red_flanders said:

All I have is the real world leaving Cozy Beehive in the dust and you even further back in the gruppetto. But entertainment abounds in fantasy land. If you move quickly you can get in on the ground floor of "The Uncanny Valley" thread. It's another one of those threads that attempts to slay the evil giant. It's a valiant and just battle for a real life Don Quixote just like yourself and BYOP88, your faithful Sancho.

SpeedWay said:
All I have is the real world leaving Cozy Beehive in the dust and you even further back in the gruppetto. But entertainment abounds in fantasy land. If you move quickly you can get in on the ground floor of "The Uncanny Valley" thread. It's another one of those threads that attempts to slay the evil giant. It's a valiant and just battle for a real life Don Quixote just like yourself and BYOP88, your faithful Sancho.

So is that a tacit acceptance that you can't refute what he says?

SpeedWay said:

don_quijote_de_la_bicicleta_1.jpg

A

Anonymous

Race Radio said:
With that final piece of amazing wisdom Speedway jumped on his private jet and flew off to party with super models on his private island.

short_bus_air.jpg

This photo will never ever get old.