• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

A new contest in the making

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Sorting out the Urban Downhill Race in Valparaiso, Chile

Due to ACF's recent achievement, it would seem that the hive-mind of the forum has gone haywire. :D

I should have started this conversation in here a while ago, but that's easier said than done because...

We now have five different threads...about the exact same thing!

Granville57 said:
Road>General>on the streets in Chile...

Oh yeah, this same race has been getting passed around various threads already.
But it seems to get better every time!

Road>General>Crazy VCA Downhill Race

Cafe>General>The Youtube Thread

MTB>General>VCA 2010 Race Run

Granville57 said:
Mods, could we merge all the these threads (that I previously noted in post #3) into one? Maybe something along the lines of...
Urban Downhill Madness in Valparaiso, Chile

And we just added another one to the collection: :D

Cafe>General>Urban mountain bike race in Chile
red_flanders said:

Now, you know there's a problem when the system here doesn't even allow me to post the actually links...because there are too many!
(Trust me, even compiling this little post was a bit of work)

So, what can we do to consolidate all of these threads, and yet make it visible enough to stop the insanity! :p

This is an epic race, if ever there was one, and I'd like to keep developing the thread along the lines of what Krebs and I have already started. But only in one place, please.

It certainly would appear to belong in the MTB sub-forum, but that doesn't seem to generate nearly as much traffic as the others, so we very well might just end up in a Möbius Loop of Chilean downhill threads endlessly popping up.

So what say, all?
Where should it go?
What should it be called?

It certainly seems to strike a chord with everyone who views it.

Long live Valparaiso! :)

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Never mind! :eek:

It seems that action has been taken.
I wasn't sure if my PM to the Mods had made any sense, that's why I started this thread. You may as well just obliterate the whole thing, unless there's something to be gained from the conversation.

Sorry. :)