• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

a possible remedy for the clinic?!

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
yakko! said:
cool interview with one of the guys from bike pure...i don't know if it's sacrilege to post it here as it might clean up the joint! :D

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/2...to-spread-anti-doping-message-in-cycling.aspx

seems like they're keen to evolve into something that could be productive.

Interesting interview - I believe Andy posted here earlier not long after the forum was set up.

I know 'we' discussed the BikePure list that they planned to bring up with the UCI a couple of months ago which got some interesting suggestions.

I actually thought they were set up a few years back - so 20,000 members is impressive.

None of the pro males were mentioned as wearing the wristband or anything else - sign of the omerta?

Anyway, as great as it is to have a coherent group fighting (or trying to fight) against doping, I don't see how far this is gonna get without the bigger name guys signing up.

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
good interview., I joined last year as it is
Great to see a group look for solutions.
I would rather see 50 level pros be honest and use bikepure to tell the world the shun drugs and dopers than AC wear their wristband and dilute the message.

Thought Cadel would hook up with these guys thou?

I found this quote interesting:

I think they are being pushed into a corner now. Maybe they are still microdosing. But I think they are at the point…if you have been winning races left, right and centre during the late nineties and the 2000’s, during what I would term as the EPO era, and you are still winning… It is going to be difficult for those guys to remain at the top level without being caught.

And this is obviously where the bio passport comes into effect over time. It must be difficult for those riders, having won races. A lot of riders have gone completely off the scale. When you have guys who have come back and they are just not as good as they were…

The language he uses here is quite vague, possibly deliberately. 'guys who have come back' from what? Doping suspensions? I can only assume he is talking about Basso, Millar, etc. But if so, he's suggesting that they're clean now, if they're not as good as they were.

But the first comments are also interesting - do you think he's suggesting that everyone who won lots of races in the early 2000s doped? He seems to be saying that if that's the case, those riders are probably still feeling the pressure to dope more than the current riders, so that would include Armstrong, Valverde, etc.

Anyway, he seems to be saying 2 things: 1. Those who doped and were caught are now clean(er), 2. The former winners of the peloton who have not been caught are still feeling immense pressure to dope.

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
i agree with skid mark

the pressure to dope to maintain contracts/ results must be massive.
We all have to hope it is cleaning up

one of the bikepure twitters is interesting reading- gathering possible solutions.
i might even try to think of some instead of bi$£%en here!LOL

http://twitter.com/Cyclesport2_0

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Anybody can sign up for something and "pledge" they are this and that. Maybe if the whole peloton signed up and pledged they were dope free we could get rid of the testing. :rolleyes:

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
the truth. said:
I would rather see 50 level pros be honest and use bikepure to tell the world the shun drugs and dopers than AC wear their wristband and dilute the message.

Thought Cadel would hook up with these guys thou?

Oh the irony :D

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts