• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

A very special milestone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Boomcie is totally awesome

In view of the approaching unbelievable landmark of a very cool user celebrating his one year birthday as a member of the CN forums, I thought we might start considering some suitable celebrations and gestures of recognition on the part of CN, for what is possibly the forum world’s most totally unexpected monster hit.

BOOMCIE

It was a beautiful day, that February 15 of the year 2011. After a long and tiresome wait boomcie finally was granted access to the CN forums. He hit the boards like a bomb and within a single year he became a supernova. He has 6 friends now and his personal profile has had 1913 visits. :eek:

While he did many awesome things during his stay, he will always be remembered for that one amazing thread:

"Boomcie is totally awesome"

Of course he can't take all the credit for the runaway train success of this bountiful topic, though he sure did a lot of the pushing... There are some other contributors to this thread as well (you know who you are!).

Sadly, disaster struck soon. Boomcie only found out about the murder of his baby when the thread was already closed. 3 people didn't feel so good about the thread closing (Me, Susan and my mom). I would, therefore, be happy to share any prize money with the noble souls who helped me survive during that terrible time.

Boomcie will, of course, be available for the in depth interview for the front page story that you, no doubt, will be wanting to write. ‘Boomcie is totally awesome, from controversy and laughing stock to phenomenon’ has a nice ring to it, don’t you think?

It's been some trip....

Thanks people.

And don't forget to celebrate February 15!

boomcie said:

In view of the approaching unbelievable landmark of a very cool user celebrating his one year birthday as a member of the CN forums, I thought we might start considering some suitable celebrations and gestures of recognition on the part of CN, for what is possibly the forum world’s most totally unexpected monster hit.

BOOMCIE

It was a beautiful day, that February 15 of the year 2011. After a long and tiresome wait boomcie finally was granted access to the CN forums. He hit the boards like a bomb and within a single year he became a supernova. He has 6 friends now and his personal profile has had 1913 visits. :eek:

While he did many awesome things during his stay, he will always be remembered for that one amazing thread:

Of course he can't take all the credit for the runaway train success of this bountiful topic, though he sure did a lot of the pushing... There are some other contributors to this thread as well (you know who you are!).

Sadly, disaster struck soon. Boomcie only found out about the murder of his baby when the thread was already closed. 3 people didn't feel so good about the thread closing (Me, Susan and my mom). I would, therefore, be happy to share any prize money with the noble souls who helped me survive during that terrible time.

Boomcie will, of course, be available for the in depth interview for the front page story that you, no doubt, will be wanting to write. ‘Boomcie is totally awesome, from controversy and laughing stock to phenomenon’ has a nice ring to it, don’t you think?

It's been some trip....

Thanks people.

lol Brilliant!!!!

A

Anonymous

boomcie said:

BOOMCIE

It's been some trip....

Thanks people.

This is very mature. Some may see it as self-serving and immature. Of course those that might say that are no fun and boring.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Hugh Januss said:
Some might see it as sarcastic and a subtle (?) dig at another poster.:D

You-Dont-Say-Meme-Rage-Face-Nicolas-Cage.png

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Boomcie Is Totally Awesome:
I usually don't like sequels, but this one is a page turner. Biographical in content, but it reads like a novel. A masterpiece and a must read. A drama of hardwork, perseverance, and personal achievement as it plays out in the grimy underbelly and mean streets of a cycling forum. From such a seemingly innocent beginning, who could have foreseen that this flame-throwing, nitro-sucking demon from hell would have endured. This should be required reading for every college freshman in the land.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Not seeing many celebrations, but I don't mind. I know how many people will always remain closeted boomcie-lovers (you know who you are!).

Thanks for all the visitor messages on my public profile today, they were very touching. Sadly I accidentally deleted them, but they will never be deleted from memory...

Have a nice boom day people.

Your friend boomcie

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Now this is very strange. This is definitely one of the biggest milestones in this forum's history, and yet this thread has less replies and almost three times less views than another similar thread about some pointless crap "milestone".

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
did i miss it?

It's never too late to celebrate.

Fetisoff said:
Now this is very strange. This is definitely one of the biggest milestones in this forum's history, and yet this thread has less replies and almost three times less views than another similar thread about some pointless crap "milestone".

Yeah, incredible... Especially the lack of views is remarkable. I alone have already reread the opening post like 20 times because I couldn't believe the incredible news at first.

To everyone trying to PM me with congratulations: I have removed some older PM's and can now receive messages again. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Your friend
boomcie

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
I like that boom boom pow
Them chickens jackin' my style
They try copy my swagger
I'm on that next **** now

I'm so 3008
You so 2000 and late
I got that boom, boom, boom
That future boom, boom, boom
Let me get it now

Boom boom boom, gotta get-get

Boom boom boom, now
Boom boom boom, now
Boom boom pow
Boom boom pow

I'm on the supersonic boom
Y'all hear the spaceship zoom
When, when I step inside the room
Them girls go ape-****, uh

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I say boom boom boom now let me hear you say wayoh (wayoh)
I say boom boom boom mutha****a say wayoh (wayoh)

Girl your booty is so round
I just wanna lay you down
Let me take you from behind
I won't cum until it's time
But if I cannot sleep with you
Maybe I could have a taste
Put your niney on my tongue
And your booty on my face

Ow, I came to make you shake it
Till you break it
Caress your body until you're naked
Bend you over
Grab your shoulder
Slip my peter inside your folder
Make you sweat-a
Get you wet-a
Pump it faster to make it better
Dim the the lights then lock the room
Cos now it's time for me to hit that boom

A

Anonymous

I never knew that a kid like me
Could take his mic around the world and flash the big S.D.
And rock the masses, from Madrid to Calabassas
Tijuana, Mexico, bootleg demos in Tokyo
They know me though, 'cause I be puttin' in work
Commit my life to rebirth, well respected, 'cause that's my word
I'm sure you heard, about a new sound going around
She might have left my hood, but she was born in my town

You didn't know, thought we was new on the scene
Well, it's alright! It's alright!
I know you know, I see you smiling at me

[Chorus]
Boom! Here comes the Boom!
Ready or not, here comes the boys from the Lasal
How you like me now?

We rep. the South, so what you talking about
I'm not running off my mouth, I know this without a doubt
Cause if you know these streets, then these streets know you
When it's time to handle business, then you know what to do
Me and my crew, we stay true, old school or new
Many were called, but the chosen are few
We rise to the top, what you want? Just in case you forgot
Rush the stage, grab my mic, show me what you got

[Chorus]
How you like me now?

[Chorus]
How you like me now?

Is that all you got?
I'll take your best shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufb6T-av-rU

yo back up now and give a brother room
the thread is lit and it's about to go boom
mercy mercy mercy me
life is a cage but on forum we are free
hyped up syched up ready for wil'in'
standing in a crowd of fools like an island
i see the one 1 wanna annoy come here cutie
i flip 'em around and then i work that booty
work the body work work the body
slow down girl you're 'bout to hurt somebody
oh and yo let's get just one thing clear
there's only one reason why I came here
ya really done want me to tig-a-tig-a-tig-a tell ya wassup (go)
ya really done want me to tig-a-tig-a-tig-a tell ya wassup (go)
we came here tonight to hear the forum go

BOOM BOOM SHAKE THE THREAD x 300

oldborn

BANNED
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Could mods just keep an eye on this non-altruistic Espirit d'escalier thread.
Did not seen such a Mamihlapinatapai long time, sad.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
oldborn said:
Could mods just keep an eye on this non-altruistic Espirit d'escalier thread.
Did not seen such a Mamihlapinatapai long time, sad.

seeing as you put it like that I think I shall have to close it seeing as boomciemas has passed...

Status
Not open for further replies.