• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

[Aborted] CNF Clinic Award: Best Clean Performance of 2013

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
I thought you said Horner up Angliru was more impressive.

In which case shouldn't he be best clean performance of the year?

Good point. There is no evidence against Horner so he is clean.

He also didnt have any tailwinds to help him which makes his clean performance even more impressive.

TourOfSardinia said:
Marco Pinotti - 7th UCI Worlds ITT
+ Career Award
:)

But last year del1984 pointed out that if you take what Marco Pinotti said in 2009 when he became the only major cyclist to speak out about Armstrong's doping, and edit out the bits where he criticizes Lance Armstrong, he comes up looking as just a big a Lance fanboy as Wiggins and by the clinic's standards definitely a doper.

del1962 said:
Had a look at some of the stuff Pinotti said in the past though

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/marco-pinotti-interview-with-italian-cyclings-voice-of-reason-30133/

On Armstrong
When I rode the Tour in 1999 he was a source of inspiration. I was like a lot of other people.

When Wiggo has said this stuff he gets crucified on here.

120 in Grand Tours to top 10 in 2010, almost Wiggoesque too,

Fortunately, before we start questioning our belief system, this is what Pinotti actually said.

When I rode the Tour in 1999 he was a source of inspiration. I was like a lot of other people. Looking back now….when he gave up the first time and L’Equipe published the article about his 1999 urine samples, it was a bit of a kick in the stomach

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=1200253&postcount=18074

And his "jump" to top 10, was a top 10 at the Giro not blowing out the entire TDF field by 6 minutes.

I like Pinotti's credibility.