• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Accusations of racism

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
ulrichw said:
Exactly - "If he is right".

If Anthony Tan wants to make an accusation like that, he has a responsibility to provide a lot more evidence than a random unsupported statement. Adding "for the record" does nothing to improve the credibility of the statement.

Pay no attention to the semi-literate Anthony Tan, who, among other transgressions, doesn't know the difference between the words literally and figuratively. He writes such inanities as "Floyd Landis turned the race upside down - quite literally."

iceaxe

BANNED
Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
hfer07 said:
so you're black-right?

I'm a human animal. All humans/animals have the same instincts to be racist.
Genocide is routine part of the human condition so it is important to manage racial power blocks like we manage national power blocks. No more gifts.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Did anyone actually watch the presentations?

Thor missed a kiss and Andy was eager to get his second. The presentation was full of activity with guest presenters. In several cases the recipient received a trophy or award from a man and the podium girl was bypassed from the regular procedure. Nothing in Pelizotti's demeanor indicated he was put off by the podium girl to his right. She just did not hand him anything but help with the jersey.

BTW I did not see anyone kiss Bernard Hinault so they are all homophobic too ;-)

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
It is hilarious that tigerboy would drop such racial hot potato in the argument while trying to posit himself as some kind of realist/centrist. His statement about Obama and Gates being buddies is typical white-guy-I-don't-even-know-how-ignorant-I-sound rhetoric. Are they buddies because he thinks there are only four or five educated black men in the country? Maybe all the educated negroes get together and talk about how they'll respond when they get busted for being clumsy (having a hard time with the keys to their house) and also uppity (telling an innocent white cop to get off their d+mn porch).
And, when someone says "F... the police" it means "I am extremely frustrated with this particular incarnation of this institution. I wish it were closer to my ideal." It does not mean "I wish there were no police." Acting like you think it means the latter is at best disingenuous, and at worst simple-minded, misleading and tiresome. Please stop being a pedantic, ungrammatical, dilettante. Thank you

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
Sweet, I would like to call out the following racists for not kissing me.

Cindy Crawford (you bigot!)
Kylie Minogue (racist!)
That cute brunette podium girl at the Giro. (heterophobe!)

I fully expect public apologies from these three bigots and if they wish to show in good faith they are not heterophobic they will meet me for dinner.

Thanks Mr. Tan for fighting the good fight and putting these racists in their place!

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
It only took 3 pages to take this thread from Pellizoti to the police and president! Genocide even. Weird.

I thought Franco was innocently looking left and was distracted, but some suggest that he has been "distracted" before. God, I hope not.

BTW Franco, she was flippin' gorgeous. Your loss mate!

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
Okay, okay, a lot of people call Obama and Gates friends. That undercuts my whole anti-tigerboy argument. Sorry, man. Except for the "F... the police" part. That was lame.

iceaxe

BANNED
Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
slowroleur said:
It is hilarious that tigerboy would drop such racial hot potato in the argument while trying to posit himself as some kind of realist/centrist. His statement about Obama and Gates being buddies is typical white-guy-I-don't-even-know-how-ignorant-I-sound rhetoric. Are they buddies because he thinks there are only four or five educated black men in the country? Maybe all the educated negroes get together and talk about how they'll respond when they get busted for being clumsy (having a hard time with the keys to their house) and also uppity (telling an innocent white cop to get off their d+mn porch).
And, when someone says "F... the police" it means "I am extremely frustrated with this particular incarnation of this institution. I wish it were closer to my ideal." It does not mean "I wish there were no police." Acting like you think it means the latter is at best disingenuous, and at worst simple-minded, misleading and tiresome. Please stop being a pedantic, ungrammatical, dilettante. Thank you

Blacks are humans and that is what scares me about them. Never forget Riginald Denny.

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
3753463026_0261205f38.jpg

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Anthony Tan is a joke. You sohuld read the garbage he posts on the cycling central site. He will probably accuse everyone on this forum of being racist against him because he's chinese.

iceaxe

BANNED
Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Anthony Tan is a joke. You sohuld read the garbage he posts on the cycling central site. He will probably accuse everyone on this forum of being racist against him because he's chinese.

Damn him. I am definitely going to lose sleep over what that f'en oriental thinks.

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
Crunchy Frog said:
Pellizotti was probably just worried about getting his hair tangled up in her giant red bow. :D

Seriously, did somebody look at the poor girls in their unflattering polka dots and think "Darn ! They don't look ridiculous enough yet: let's stick a mutant butterfly on their heads !"

Agree. Beautiful women; hideous outfits