• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

"Alberto the Time Lord"

May 14, 2010
5,303
4
0
Visit site
Just read a particularly tasty article by Yahoo/Eurosport's Blazin Saddles. Hit the link for the whole thing but here are a couple of snippets:

"Talk about having guts: Alberto Contador, at the start of Thursday's stage in Epernay, waltzed in to the RadioShack team bus unannounced and unflanked by bodyguards to confront his two biggest enemies, the men who had made his life a misery at Astana last year.

<snip>

. . ."the Spaniard came bearing gifts for Lance and Johan - trinkets of appreciation for their roles in helping him win last year's Tour.

<snip>

" 'I didn't speak to him,' admitted the seven-time champ. 'I was in the back of the bus. I didn't see him. I was in the middle of something else.'

Maybe that explains his 10.34am tweet: 'There's a foul smell in the bus all of a sudden.'"

Definitely worth the read. Contador is showing the colors of a great champion. Armstrong . . . well, just read the article.
 
. . ."
On paper, it seemed about as good an idea as Peter Perfect climbing into the same wacky flying machine as Dastardly and Muttley.
the Spaniard came bearing gifts for Lance and Johan - trinkets of appreciation for their roles in helping him win last year's Tour.

king-033.gif



" 'I didn't speak to him,' admitted the seven-time champ. 'I was in the back of the bus. I didn't see him. I was in the middle of something else.'

Maybe that explains his 10.34am tweet: 'There's a foul smell in the bus all of a sudden.'"
lol-045.gif
 
Jun 20, 2010
259
0
0
Visit site
Maxiton said:
Just read a particularly tasty article by Yahoo/Eurosport's Blazin Saddles. Hit the link for the whole thing but here are a couple of snippets:

"Talk about having guts: Alberto Contador, at the start of Thursday's stage in Epernay, waltzed in to the RadioShack team bus unannounced and unflanked by bodyguards to confront his two biggest enemies, the men who had made his life a misery at Astana last year.

<snip>

. . ."the Spaniard came bearing gifts for Lance and Johan - trinkets of appreciation for their roles in helping him win last year's Tour.

<snip>

" 'I didn't speak to him,' admitted the seven-time champ. 'I was in the back of the bus. I didn't see him. I was in the middle of something else.'

Maybe that explains his 10.34am tweet: 'There's a foul smell in the bus all of a sudden.'"

Definitely worth the read. Contador is showing the colors of a great champion. Armstrong . . . well, just read the article.
Childish behaviour by a really bad and egocentric loser. :mad:
 
Jun 20, 2010
259
0
0
Visit site
woodie said:
That article is complete bias and (as far as im concerned) holds no credibility what so ever.
Danish media independently report that Armstrong was the only team member that did not "see" that last years Tour de France winner had entered the team bus. He will not do well on the downhills, with that degree of presbyopia. :cool:
 
Aug 6, 2009
1,901
1
0
Visit site
Lyds97 said:
Blazin' Saddles is pretty funny, especially liked his 2010 Tour Prophecy.

And it's eerily accurate to. He predicts a crash from oil on the road:

"The flashpoint of a windy stage is a mini pile up which sees reigning champion Alberto Contador lose 10 minutes after a nasty fall. The episode happened when HTC-Columbia took advantage of the gusty conditions to force a break in the peloton. The Spaniard was part of a leading group which all hit the deck after some oil - in all likelihood washed up from the Gulf of Mexico - made the road surface slippery. "
 
Dec 11, 2009
161
0
0
Visit site
Yes Armstrong is usually a donkey, but just so it's clear to everyone that the article was meant as a joke: Armstrong did not tweet anything about a foul smell, nor did he put up the watch on eBay.
 
Sep 21, 2009
225
0
0
Visit site
Cerberus said:
And it's eerily accurate to. He predicts a crash from oil on the road

Also Karpets cutting off his mullet! Now he just needs to be right about EBH being 'outed as cycling's first robot'...
 
Pedaaldanser said:
Yes Armstrong is usually a donkey, but just so it's clear to everyone that the article was meant as a joke: Armstrong did not tweet anything about a foul smell, nor did he put up the watch on eBay.

i love that some people really believe its true lol

btw: if i understand contador brought watches only for JB and LA? no watches for kloden,levi,popo (dont know who else was in astana) ?
 

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
3,480
0
0
Visit site
saganftw said:
btw: if i understand contador brought watches only for JB and LA? no watches for kloden,levi,popo (dont know who else was in astana) ?
Those riders had already gotten their watches last year
 
saganftw said:
i love that some people really believe its true lol

btw: if i understand contador brought watches only for JB and LA? no watches for kloden,levi,popo (dont know who else was in astana) ?

The other 7 teammates had received their watches last year--he's on good terms with most, if not all of them, save Lance of course. His timing was pretty dam good if you ask me.
 
Mar 22, 2010
908
0
0
Visit site
watch wasn't only gift

He just couldn't get the rocking chair through the door of the bus.

He also bought Lance a car in case they run out of team cars at the hotel.

Lance has to be wondering how AC is gonna put his other foot up his @ss.
 
Oct 6, 2009
5,270
2
0
Visit site
saganftw said:
i love that some people really believe its true lol

btw: if i understand contador brought watches only for JB and LA? no watches for kloden,levi,popo (dont know who else was in astana) ?

The watches were given out to the rest of the team at the victory party last year. The two who didn't attend the party didn't get their watches until now.