• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

I've looked for info on this but have not been able to find an explanation.

Does anyone know the story behind the pink and gold accents on Alberto's helmet?

I apologize for starting a thread for this, but I really want to know.

US Patent Exploding Cyclist said:

Does anyone know the story behind the pink and gold accents on Alberto's helmet?

Your name alone is worth a reply.

Contador's helmet is made from unobtanium and the blood of unicorns, hence the colors. (And that's why he can climb so well.)

US Patent Exploding Cyclist said:

I believe they're representative of his grand tour wins with the pink being for his Giro victory and the gold for his Vuelta win. There must be yellow in there too but until your question I hadn't paid his helmet any attention. I just remember from last year the he had the similar accents on the seat tube of his bike (yellow, pink and gold) in the form of wings.

Did you used to post on bicycling.com's forum in a similar name ("Exploding Planet.... or something like that.)?

TRENDING THREADS