• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Alexis Vuillermoz Discussion Thread

May 28, 2012
Visit site
trevim said:
I was amazed that Sojasun took a neo pro to the Tour last year, where he finished top50.
I guess they knew better than I did :)

And even more impressive is his 20th place on Le Semnoz. If he follows the same performance pattern, who knows what he can do in the mountain strages to come?

He's an ex-MTBer, right? That would explain the seemingly late transition to pro road rider, but consistently pretty strong, a bit like when Porte was a 25yo neo-pro cos of his tri background. He's getting stronger and having somebody to work for is definitely a help for him. Plus of course Ag2r have good recent history of French riders doing strong Giro performances where the pressure's off them a bit, with Dupont and also when they merged with Team Gadret.

TRENDING THREADS