All hail Steven Even

Re: Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
BigMac said:
winkybiker said:
Singer01 said:
I don't trust anybody whose name rhymes. It sounds sinister.
Yes, just like the recently retired "Even Stevens" in womens' peloton.
Doesn't rhyme.

Her name's Evelyn anyway.

Which still doesn't rhyme.
Yea, but she was always nicknamed "Evie Stevie".
Indeed.

Even Stevens doesn't rhyme, though.
 
Recently finished Giro 2008.

I don't know what my favourite so far has been. 2005 seemed great (probably the favourite I have watched so far), 2006 was insane due to Basso, 2007 had some seriously great mountain stages, 2008 was good as well, but I still don't know how to judge it.. Sella tho, what a freaking monster! From the older stuff, 2004 seemed the most boring I must admit, 2003 was pretty good as well.
 
Jun 30, 2014
7,060
0
0
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Recently finished Giro 2008.

I don't know what my favourite so far has been. 2005 seemed great (probably the favourite I have watched so far), 2006 was insane due to Basso, 2007 had some seriously great mountain stages, 2008 was good as well, but I still don't know how to judge it.. Sella tho, what a freaking monster! From the older stuff, 2004 seemed the most boring I must admit, 2003 was pretty good as well.
From those Giri 2003 and 2005 are probably the best ones. 2004 is the worst, 2000 is probably a bit underrated, 2000 had a few great mountain stages (Casagrande on San Pellegrino in Alpe is just pure awesomeness) and a great final ITT.
 
I'd clearly say 05>03, but that may be down to 05 being the more recent one and thus seeming more appealing to me. But 05-08 all had something to them (I began watching the Giro in 2007, so the Saunier domination in the high mountains is even more awesome to me from that edition). I forgot how much Alberto struggled in '08, but how extremely well he managed it, Sella and Panaria, Riccó before he was caught, Simoni and Di Luca each bonking on stage 19 and 20... 2006 was probably the most underwhelming out of those, but then again, Robobasso must have been pretty fun to witness. I somehow love that kind of domination unless it becomes regularity.
 
(re)watched Giro 2008 thanks to Steven Even's channel. Quite a dull race until the 3rd week although it was nice to see some clips of Benna at his best. I'm gonna surely gonna watch 2005 Giro at some point. Never really watched that race from end to end - I'm only familiar with the epic Finestre stage, where Il Falco savoured his title.
 
Re:

Cance > TheRest said:
(re)watched Giro 2008 thanks to Steven Even's channel. Quite a dull race until the 3rd week although it was nice to see some clips of Benna at his best. I'm gonna surely gonna watch 2005 Giro at some point. Never really watched that race from end to end - I'm only familiar with the epic Finestre stage, where Il Falco savoured his title.
Passo Duran was also a monster stage.
 
Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Cance > TheRest said:
(re)watched Giro 2008 thanks to Steven Even's channel. Quite a dull race until the 3rd week although it was nice to see some clips of Benna at his best. I'm gonna surely gonna watch 2005 Giro at some point. Never really watched that race from end to end - I'm only familiar with the epic Finestre stage, where Il Falco savoured his title.
Passo Duran was also a monster stage.
I watched that stage yesterday. Really nice stage!
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY