• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

And the TJ answer is?

TJ's Real Problem Is:

• Another, even better, conspiracy theory

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • He went too hard on his day off ride

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Bad reaction to some of that new NASA stuff

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Bee sting

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • This is what happens when you do the Dauphine and peak too early

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Ach, he’s a simple human in a ‘droid sport, a cigar is just a cigar, and he is really just sick with

Votes: 33 44.6%
  • There will be bad blood bags

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Festina Flu (couldn’t control his profile/HCT levels, and was about to set alarm bells ringing)

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • AICAR overexposure (fat percentage way below too low)

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Bilharzia experimentation

Votes: 6 8.1%

• Total voters
Just want to pop in to point out that it's perfectly possible that he's a doper and got sick and had to abandon due to illness. If justice is blind, misfortune is blind and deaf. Even if you think he's a doper, that doesn't mean that the nefarious explanation is the correct one.

like i said in the other thread, too skinny. it's as simple as that IMO. he tried to race at the Froome/Wiggins body fat percentage and found out that it's not possible over three weeks without whatever they're taking to sustain themselves.

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Considering there is a bug going around the peleton and several riders have dropped out due to it after having it for a few days like TJ.

Re: Re:

D-Queued said:
gazr99 said:
Considering there is a bug going around the peleton and several riders have dropped out due to it after having it for a few days like TJ.

I was kind of surprised by the many abandons after the rest day... where is motoman when you need him?

Dave.

I imagine it's not uncommon for people to stick it out with the expectation that they can use the rest day to recover, and then abandoning when they don't get better and they've lost that momentum that expectation provided.

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Introducing an opportunistic infection to an unnaturally emaciated endurance athlete whose efforts to accelerate to the level of the magical mystery responders and whose earlier reliance on medicinals ultimately repressed any ability to respond to said infection. Plus I heard Putin had him poisoned.

Re:

42x16ss said:
I chose 1, 6, 8 and 10. He got sick from what's going around after backing up from going too hard in the Dauphine while testing a new PED developed by NASA that is intended for use by Lance Armstrong in a non-sanctioned, renegade tri.
that LA was testing last week in France during his charity ride

Handy Bendy Ghandi said:
D-Queued said:
So what really knocked TJ out of the Tour?

(Multiple choice votes and re-voting enabled)
Mosy likely abducted by aliens whilst hunting for Nazi gold on Oak Island................I suspect he didn't respond well to the "probing".

Ha ha. Didn't know that the myth of Oak Island had extended to Nazi gold. Gets better and better.

Dave.

TRENDING THREADS