Andreas Kloden

Aug 12, 2010
63
0
0
It's good to see Andreas Kloden getting some decent results in Paris-Nice this year. I'd love to see this guy write a book someday. It's a very select group of riders who have been on teams with both Ullrich and Armstrong, been closely associated with Vino, and had some great results himself. His attitude on the issue of doping, especially with regards to Ullrich, has been the infamous dont ask/don't tell, the past is the past, etc. With the Freiburg and Telekom/T-Mobile allegations, he was likely doing what everyone else did...but still a class rider who would have a lot of insight into the era.
 

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
4,153
0
0
pleyser said:
It's good to see Andreas Kloden getting some decent results in Paris-Nice this year. I'd love to see this guy write a book someday. It's a very select group of riders who have been on teams with both Ullrich and Armstrong, been closely associated with Vino, and had some great results himself. His attitude on the issue of doping, especially with regards to Ullrich, has been the infamous dont ask/don't tell, the past is the past, etc. With the Freiburg and Telekom/T-Mobile allegations, he was likely doing what everyone else did...but still a class rider who would have a lot of insight into the era.
Wow! You must hate cycling and love cancer.
You forgot to add Kloeden was brought up in East Germany, hence a 3 striker.
Let Kloeden enjoy his victory. It is not needed to throw his name in this cesspit AKA the CLINIC.
 
Jul 14, 2009
2,498
0
0
flicker said:
Wow! You must hate cycling and love cancer.
You forgot to add Kloeden was brought up in East Germany, hence a 3 striker.
Let Kloeden enjoy his victory. It is not needed to throw his name in this cesspit AKA the CLINIC.
are you saying his formative years? The wall fell in 89. Kloden rode really well today. He kept his cool and had the right guys marked.
I have been amazed at the talent they have let roll up the road,today included. The TT will be a good chance to put another victory in the books for a very unexciting Radio Shack team. At the start of the Shack training camp Andreas made a few comments about long training miles..looks like his prep has some payment. I hope early form doesn't spell explosion in the tour(s).
 
fatandfast said:
are you saying his formative years? The wall fell in 89. Kloden rode really well today. He kept his cool and had the right guys marked.
I have been amazed at the talent they have let roll up the road,today included. The TT will be a good chance to put another victory in the books for a very unexciting Radio Shack team. At the start of the Shack training camp Andreas made a few comments about long training miles..looks like his prep has some payment. I hope early form doesn't spell explosion in the tour(s).
And he was born in 1975. You do the math.

flicker said:
Wow! You must hate cycling and love cancer.
You forgot to add Kloeden was brought up in East Germany, hence a 3 striker.
Let Kloeden enjoy his victory. It is not needed to throw his name in this cesspit AKA the CLINIC.
:confused:

Wasn't he also on a team with Sinkewitz? Freiburg clinic and all that?

Hasn't he earned his spot with us?

Andreas, you are welcome here!

Dave.
 
Jul 14, 2009
2,498
0
0
D-Queued said:
And he was born in 1975. You do the math.



:confused:

Wasn't he also on a team with Sinkewitz? Freiburg clinic and all that?

Hasn't he earned his spot with us?

Andreas, you are welcome here!

Dave.
Yo herbal tea party!! roll your sleeve down so nobody sees your Nancy Reagan tattoo. I did the math the first time he was 14. I hardly think he is a poster boy for team Honecker. Man you smell out doping from decades ago..how are ya at bedbugs? You are like Columbo for cycling. If you really want to work the 6 degrees of separation thing start with Mark Cavendish/TMobile from today backward..mindblowing!!!
 
You can always bring up the negative, but sometimes appreciate the ride...Klodi rode very intelligently today, he and Jani did a great job. I for one am going to enjoy the excellent race and celebrate his victory!

Nice ride Klodi!!:)
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
mewmewmew13 said:
You can always bring up the negative, but sometimes appreciate the ride...Klodi rode very intelligently today, he and Jani did a great job. I for one am going to enjoy the excellent race and celebrate his victory!

Nice ride Klodi!!:)
Ya, I'd agree.
When there was 1k to go I was wondering why when there was 2 TRS guys in the break they weren't trying to win the stage.
Then Jani bursts through with Klodi on tow.

Sammy should have still won it (did his gears slip?) and it was like a slow-motion sprint - but to win it you have to be in it - so it was a great win.
 
May 24, 2010
855
0
0
The Phantom of Freiburg has a well earned spot in the clinic.....he's as dirty as anyone else in the last 20 years and like Floyd is he was honest in his memoirs it would make some interesting reading, he won't be though, he has too much to lose!
 

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
3,853
0
0
Dr. Maserati said:
Ya, I'd agree.
When there was 1k to go I was wondering why when there was 2 TRS guys in the break they weren't trying to win the stage.
Then Jani bursts through with Klodi on tow.

Sammy should have still won it (did his gears slip?) and it was like a slow-motion sprint - but to win it you have to be in it - so it was a great win.
Shack with 2 men in the break show how its done.
Textbook.
Force Wiggins to dig deep on ITT eve too.

Sammy should have won but was spanked.
Or maybe Sammy spotted the UCI and AFLD waiting at the finish,
poised to perform a Double-Team Dope Test on the winner.
Got distracted lol.
Hopefully they test him anyway.
 
Jul 14, 2009
2,498
0
0
Siriuscat said:
The Phantom of Freiburg has a well earned spot in the clinic.....he's as dirty as anyone else in the last 20 years and like Floyd is he was honest in his memoirs it would make some interesting reading, he won't be though, he has too much to lose!
do you watch lots of Vincent Price or Bela Lugosi ? with the cat that is really creepy
 
Jul 30, 2009
1,735
0
0
What is the point of this thread? Given it is in the Clinic ?

I can't stand la/shak/hog and all that crap but I enjoyed Klodens win today, when you watch the replay he clearly looks over his shoulder expecting to be overtaken but he wasn't - he was as surprised he won as the rest of us.

Sometimes a journeyman pulls it off and it's just a lovely thing to watch. Today was one of those days.

Compare it to how 5hit it was when Garmin stopped Hincapie getting yellow in TdF 2009.

Sanchez was clearly borked but he was just hanging on at the top of the climb and didn't recover.

This years racing looks very real and the wily old fox winning more often than you expect is a big part of real.
 
fatandfast said:
Yo herbal tea party!! roll your sleeve down so nobody sees your Nancy Reagan tattoo. I did the math the first time he was 14. I hardly think he is a poster boy for team Honecker. Man you smell out doping from decades ago..how are ya at bedbugs? You are like Columbo for cycling. If you really want to work the 6 degrees of separation thing start with Mark Cavendish/TMobile from today backward..mindblowing!!!
Dude!

Abide.

Denial is not a long river in Egypt.

(Not saying he was involved, but you cannot use his age to exclude the possibility of either involvement or even just indirect influence.

East Germany was very successful in the sports of bicycling, ... Sport-teachers at school were encouraged to look for certain talents in children ages 6 to 10 years old

From 1974 (the year before Klodi was born), Manfred Ewald, the head of the GDR's sports federation, imposed blanket doping...

Often, doping was carried out without the knowledge of the athletes, some of them as young as ten years of age. It is estimated that around 10,000 former athletes bear the physical and mental scars of years of drug abuse
)

Dave.
 
Apr 20, 2009
1,190
0
0
fatandfast said:
...I did the math the first time he was 14. I hardly think he is a poster boy for team Honecker....
I seem to remember reading years ago that Kloeden, Ulrich, and a lot of Telekomers came up through the East German sports school system. So, naturally one would suspect...

Siriuscat said:
The Phantom of Freiburg has a well earned spot in the clinic....
....

Winterfold said:
What is the point of this thread? Given it is in the Clinic ?

...
I like Kloden and he had a good ride. But as he (maybe) came up through the East German system, was on Telekom, was named in the Freiberg case and rides with Bruyneel teams, where else but here?

No matter who won that stage they would deserve a thread in the Clinic to celebrate their victory.:D
 
Winterfold said:
What is the point of this thread? Given it is in the Clinic ?

I can't stand la/shak/hog and all that crap but I enjoyed Klodens win today, when you watch the replay he clearly looks over his shoulder expecting to be overtaken but he wasn't - he was as surprised he won as the rest of us.

Sometimes a journeyman pulls it off and it's just a lovely thing to watch. Today was one of those days.

Compare it to how 5hit it was when Garmin stopped Hincapie getting yellow in TdF 2009.

Sanchez was clearly borked but he was just hanging on at the top of the climb and didn't recover.

This years racing looks very real and the wily old fox winning more often than you expect is a big part of real.
+1---I liked your whole post...
and ya, why indeed in the clinic unless the point was to bash?
Are we to start doing that with every win ??
 
Apr 20, 2009
1,190
0
0
mewmewmew13 said:
+1---I liked your whole post...
and ya, why indeed in the clinic unless the point was to bash?
Are we to start doing that with every win ??
Yeah, why not? Every win is suspect and some are more suspect than others.
 

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
3,853
0
0
mewmewmew13 said:
+1---I liked your whole post...
and ya, why indeed in the clinic unless the point was to bash?
Are we to start doing that with every win ??
Umm....it was a RadioShack victory.
Where else would we discuss it lol.

You must be new here:)
 
Jul 30, 2009
1,735
0
0
My point was that the idea of Kloden perhaps having had some useful health programme is not news.

Today he won, I dont think it is because all of a sudden he started to dope LOL

More likely it was because today was his day.

He has been a loyal servant for a decade, the time for his clinic discussion was many years ago, not today, enjoy the win and his yellow jersey
 

Yeahright

BANNED
Jan 29, 2011
115
0
0
Dr. Maserati said:
Ya, I'd agree.
When there was 1k to go I was wondering why when there was 2 TRS guys in the break they weren't trying to win the stage.
Then Jani bursts through with Klodi on tow.

Sammy should have still won it (did his gears slip?) and it was like a slow-motion sprint - but to win it you have to be in it - so it was a great win.
Looked to me like he just blew it by delaying his sprint. He waited for about 50 metres after Klodi had made his move before he started his run. Sammy will be kicking himself, I thought he was a shoe in to win from that group.
 

Yeahright

BANNED
Jan 29, 2011
115
0
0
Winterfold said:
My point was that the idea of Kloden perhaps having had some useful health programme is not news.

Today he won, I dont think it is because all of a sudden he started to dope LOL

More likely it was because today was his day.

He has been a loyal servant for a decade, the time for his clinic discussion was many years ago, not today, enjoy the win and his yellow jersey
Couldn't agree more. Smart riding by RS today. I think he will do ok in the TT tomorrow as well though 10 seconds is not much against Martin.
 
Winterfold said:
My point was that the idea of Kloden perhaps having had some useful health programme is not news.

Today he won, I dont think it is because all of a sudden he started to dope LOL

More likely it was because today was his day.

He has been a loyal servant for a decade, the time for his clinic discussion was many years ago, not today, enjoy the win and his yellow jersey
Last year seemed like he went quiet with the rest of the gang, maybe this year he's back doing what is needed to get a big result in July.
 
Apr 20, 2009
1,190
0
0
Ferminal said:
Last year seemed like he went quiet with the rest of the gang, maybe this year he's back doing what is needed to get a big result in July.
Hmmm. What could this mean?:D
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY