• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Andy and Frank Schleck one-two at Luxembourg time trial championships Read more: htt

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
La Vie Claire said:
I hope Andy's form is really improving. Older brother may have gifted Andy the win to build confidence. And with Kirchen out, how many competitors in Luxembourg? Two? :)

More than Liechtenstein :)

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Luxembourg

The only real question in this race was which Schleck brother would take the title, and younger bother Andy had the upper hand. He beat older brother and Saxo Bank teammate Fränk by 56 seconds. Christian Poos (Continental Team Differdange) was third at 1:43.

“I must say, that I had sort of aimed at winning the individual time trial,” Andy Schleck told the Luxembourger website Tageblatt.lu. “It really hurt and I wanted to use it as a little test for the Tour de France.”

There were only four riders in the race, and Ben Gastauer of AG2R) was the unlucky one to miss out on the podium, finishing 3:10 back.
from cycling news

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
AS a matter of fact there were four riders in that race.

Susan

This is hardly a test as quoted by Andy Schleck....

“I must say, that I had sort of aimed at winning the individual time trial,” Andy Schleck told the Luxembourger website Tageblatt.lu. “It really hurt and I wanted to use it as a little test for the Tour de France.”

I am sure Andy will find out in this years Tour real fast how he stacks up against the other ITT riders.