Another Canadian Cyclist dopes

Who'd have thunk it?

Quebec Road Pro William Goodfellow Caught for Doping

Relatively sophisticated with positives for both Clenbuterol & Darbepoetein.

But, the oddest part is that it appears doping made him go backwards, just like Ryder told us:

"...His best result in 2014 was 33rd in the Canadian Time Trial Championships. He did not finish the Tour of Alberta, Nationals Road Race, GP Cycliste Saguenay, Winston-Salem Classic or Philadelphia Cycling Classic races. ..."

Maybe its some sort of Canadian disease.

Dave.
 
Mar 10, 2009
1,296
0
0
hrotha said:
What makes this guy notable enough to get his own thread? That he shares Hesjedal's nationality? :confused:
La. tyler, floyd, frankie. lemond, horner etc get their own threads. Almost all the italians and belgians as well as Spaniards. so a little know Canuk dopes and everyone gets on the Ryders blood thread?
Maybe we could reduce the number of personal doping threads to national ones. Make room for Kazakstan. Oh yea they are mostly Italians.
 
hrotha said:
What makes this guy notable enough to get his own thread? That he shares Hesjedal's nationality? :confused:
It was a tough call. But, we don't have a generic idiot Canadian cyclist thread.

So, on the basis of:

1. He's a pro.

2. He rides for a team run by a former (big name) pro

3. He's not a master

I started this thread.

Notably, though he was otherwise qualified, #3 disqualified him for the Idiot fatty master's thread.

Dave.
 
I though Steve Bauer and Louis Garneau fixed doping in Canada with a simple conversation?

Good on whomever processed the sanction. The sport needs more people like them.

Clenbuterol is not cheap or easy to source.
Darbepoetein use is a total fail.

Doper failed the IQ test.

Saugy, who seems to be directly involved in both Track and Field and Cycling, is an author on the very topic of rhEPO detection, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17313941
 
Darbo seems to be in vogue, we've had a few Darbo positives recently. Presumably there's a new variation of it or it's become easier to acquire of late, because otherwise Darbo use is a total brain-fart. I mean, this is second-gen EPO, which was so easily detectable that the authorities hadn't even managed to get round to putting it on the banned list when people started testing positive.

And its use doesn't even look subtle. Just go to your favourite video site and type "Mühlegg" in the search bar.
 
Reposting this link: http://www.canadiancyclist.com/dailynews.php?id=28643&title=cycling-canada-doping-consultation-report-key-findings

Some sport administrator in Canada was selling PED's.

Two interviewees independently provided information that a former Canadian sports administrator had assisted Canadian riders in obtaining PEDs.


Suppliers and influencers of doping are doctors, trainers, coaches, equipment suppliers, sports administrators and (in most cases) other cyclists.

So, pretty much anyone that has some contact with athletes can be promoting doping. Equipment suppliers too.

This isn't Russia, though, so it didn't happen and there's no organized doping in Canada. Yup. Seems legit.
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,856
0
0
DirtyWorks said:
Reposting this link: http://www.canadiancyclist.com/dailynews.php?id=28643&title=cycling-canada-doping-consultation-report-key-findings

Some sport administrator in Canada was selling PED's.

Two interviewees independently provided information that a former Canadian sports administrator had assisted Canadian riders in obtaining PEDs.


Suppliers and influencers of doping are doctors, trainers, coaches, equipment suppliers, sports administrators and (in most cases) other cyclists.

So, pretty much anyone that has some contact with athletes can be promoting doping. Equipment suppliers too.

This isn't Russia, though, so it didn't happen and there's no organized doping in Canada. Yup. Seems legit.
i heard something similar sbout an Australian who may have run an Australian protour race. were there any australians on the board of the UCI? any gold medallist australians?

you know manalo saiz got his IGF-1 from Gropep pharmaceutical company in Adelaide for the Puerto bust in 06?

not 100% sure on all this info, i was about third, or fourth, or fifth removed on the chinese wispers thing. need someone like albergotti and oconnell to dig dig dig
 
Granville57 from the what to / not to say thread:

Granville57 said:
Wow! Upon closer inspection, this guy is a major douche.

@willthespill102
19 Sep 2013

As long as sagan doesn't have problems with the vampires, he can do as many wheelies as he wants, if not hell be another arrogant fraud!
https://twitter.com/willthespill102/...95587726716929
Quote:
@willthespill102
26 Sep 2013

lol aicar and genetic manipulations, true gold. Horner has lost 20lbs since his saturn days
https://twitter.com/willthespill102/...12274573246464
Quote:
@willthespill102
26 Sep 2013

@Ty_Hamilton tyler congrats on your book. You have my respect forever. Wut do u think of horner?
https://twitter.com/willthespill102/...13153221218304
Quote:
@willthespill102
26 Sep 2013

@hornerakg hey chris. Can you also tell us how much weight you lost since your saturn days?
https://twitter.com/willthespill102/...14142548500480
What a complete tool.

The face of the new generation!

Yup. Needs to go through puberty to qualify for the idiot fatty masters thread.

Dave.
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,856
0
0
D-Queued said:
Granville57 from the what to / not to say thread:



Yup. Needs to go through puberty to qualify for the idiot fatty masters thread.

Dave.
D-Queued needs an avatar. a troll avatar of that dude may be appropriate. I already have Ricky Riccio's La Poseur by Rodin, so that is taken for your first option.
 
Oct 22, 2009
48
0
0
how sad.

Unfortunate that this event shines poorly on class acts like Fraser, Roth and countless other's hard work and effort.

William, we all make mistakes, but this epic-ally stupid. I only hope you don't rationalize your decision. What will you do to make things marginally better? Don't hide. Retain some of your own self respect and do something worthwhile for cycling.
 
momotaro said:
how sad.

Unfortunate that this event shines poorly on class acts like Fraser, Roth and countless other's hard work and effort.

William, we all make mistakes, but this epic-ally stupid. I only hope you don't rationalize your decision. What will you do to make things marginally better? Don't hide. Retain some of your own self respect and do something worthwhile for cycling.
Agreed.

Bigger reputations and palmares are unavoidably damaged by association.

So why is everyone so quiet?

Is this the only doper left in Canadian cycling?

A young, lone, random doper? Doping to achieve mediocre results?

How did he get connected? How'd he get the dope? Who taught him how to use it? Did he share knowledge with any friends?

Or, is this going to be another 'Shep' fairy tale about getting caught the day after he used it for the first time?

Like, who are the most experienced guys around him? Any connection?

Hard to avoid the conclusion that Canadians are naive.

Dave.
 
D-Queued said:
Agreed.

Bigger reputations and palmares are unavoidably damaged by association.

So why is everyone so quiet?

Is this the only doper left in Canadian cycling?

A young, lone, random doper? Doping to achieve mediocre results?

How did he get connected? How'd he get the dope? Who taught him how to use it? Did he share knowledge with any friends?

Or, is this going to be another 'Shep' fairy tale about getting caught the day after he used it for the first time?

Like, who are the most experienced guys around him? Any connection?

Hard to avoid the conclusion that Canadians are naive.

Dave.
Well, my friend, according to the YouTube it is you
Crazy Canucks that are at the root of all doping.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UqDy9CLNBQ
 
oldcrank said:
Well, my friend, according to the YouTube it is you
Crazy Canucks that are at the root of all doping.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UqDy9CLNBQ
:D

And, albeit devoid of any humor, it was a Canadian flight attendant who was the alleged AIDS patient zero.

Following the combined logic, then, we should be looking at Ryder & Barry as the initial instigators of the USPS/Disco drug parade.

Canada, the root of all evil.

Works for me.

Dave.
 
D-Queued said:
It was a tough call. But, we don't have a generic idiot Canadian cyclist thread.

So, on the basis of:

1. He's a pro.

2. He rides for a team run by a former (big name) pro

3. He's not a master

I started this thread.

Notably, though he was otherwise qualified, #3 disqualified him for the Idiot fatty master's thread.

Dave.

There probably is a good argument for a thread for most nationalities. (like the Brits don't dope one), for discussing 2nd tier etc dopers from that nationality.
 
Dec 7, 2010
5,507
0
0
D-Queued said:
It was a tough call. But, we don't have a generic idiot Canadian cyclist thread.
It was a great call, and glad to see a dedicated thread (especially one created by a native. Goes a long way in squelching those who would be tempted to cast the nation/racism stone).

But I probably would've gone with a different title. Maybe...




Oh, Canada!


 
Mar 10, 2009
1,296
0
0
Granville57 said:
It was a great call, and glad to see a dedicated thread (especially one created by a native. Goes a long way in squelching those who would be tempted to cast the nation/racism stone).

But I probably would've gone with a different title. Maybe...




Oh, Canada!


If you want to actually represent the shame most nations have for a continental rider of a Cycling team by using an old faded flag, You over react. You should really start with a brand new flag and pull a single fibre of a thread loose in a corner because if you are not reading it here, in Canadian cyclist, or Pedal, no one gives a toot. there is not one cyclist at work has even heard of this case. The reaction even in the racing community is almost non existent.
 
Master50 said:
If you want to actually represent the shame most nations have for a continental rider of a Cycling team by using an old faded flag, You over react. You should really start with a brand new flag and pull a single fibre of a thread loose in a corner because if you are not reading it here, in Canadian cyclist, or Pedal, no one gives a toot. there is not one cyclist at work has even heard of this case. The reaction even in the racing community is almost non existent.
A couple of someones from 'the racing community' pointed it out to me.

I consider that a reaction - and a desire for greater visibility - given that they know I post here regularly.

But I was shocked that I hadn't heard earlier (though I clearly missed Granville's posts). Maybe it is the bad weather and too many solo rides.

Dave.
 
Jun 19, 2011
40
0
0
Master50 said:
. . .There is not one cyclist at work has even heard of this case. The reaction even in the racing community is almost non existent.
Reaction in the Ottawa racing community (well connected on FB) on the day the new broke was swift, extensive, very critical of Will - Probably because there are a couple of talented riders from here that race with Silber. Will's stupidity puts their positions and the team's at risk.

I believe the reaction in the Montreal and Toronto communities was equally as strong.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS