• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Another Cycling Australia Coincidence??

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Night Rider said:
No limit. Potentially you will see every Australian GreenEdge rider line up at Ballarat. And I would imagine they will be under orders to all turn up.

Sure is a coincidence the rules get changed now.

I will stop short of saying it's a conspiracy though, if it was a conspiracy the course would have been changed to 200km dash down the Freeway lol

Let's hope Haussler or Lloyd turn up on form.

Yep, 17 GreenEdge riders against Renshaw, Roe, Hayman, Sutton, Haussler, Matthews, Brown, Porte, Rogers + other domestic riders.

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Jack Bobridge, Simon Gerrans and the Meyers will have their own ambitions as well, I don't necessarily see GreenEdge gifting this to Goss?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Spider1964 said:
Jack Bobridge, Simon Gerrans and the Meyers will have their own ambitions as well, I don't necessarily see GreenEdge gifting this to Goss?
Well they will want to go in with a leader. All 5 of those guys will want to win the race and someone isn't going to be happy if they are told they are going to have to play 2nd fiddle to another rider. GreenEdge could send a few riders up the road on the first lap and that break will stay away. They could have a massive leadout train for Goss. If they don't win it with the number of riders and talent they have then that would be embarrasing.

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Yep, 17 GreenEdge riders against Renshaw, Roe, Hayman, Sutton, Haussler, Matthews, Brown, Porte, Rogers + other domestic riders.

4 Sky riders, 3 Rabobank riders and poor Haussler and Roe all by themselves.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Night Rider said:
No limit. Potentially you will see every Australian GreenEdge rider line up at Ballarat. And I would imagine they will be under orders to all turn up.

Sure is a coincidence the rules get changed now.

I will stop short of saying it's a conspiracy though, if it was a conspiracy the course would have been changed to 200km dash down the Freeway lol

Let's hope Haussler or Lloyd turn up on form.

I think Matthews is the guy that the change in rules effects greatly, he would off been a great chance for the jersey in 2012. Early in the season you can really see his natural talent, and with the help of just one big Dutch enduro he would of been a real show; but the race will be decided now by the amount of GE riders.

Sure this “Open Title” rule had to go, but to rush through the decision now, robs us of a mighty race.

Yes GE would have to race each other for Matthews (Haussler Lloyd) to win; but that will not happen GE management is much professional for that; it will be all worked out. It will probably mean Matthews will sign with GE in 2013!!

Even with a total of 17 riders maybe starting,doesn't mean Greenedge will win this...Their are very strong domestic teams(genesis,Drapac Etc)who also would like to win and have the national championship jersey.It's up to these guys to make the race entertaining and tough.And lets not forget the other pro riders on different teams(Haussler,Roe etc)