• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Anthony Galea Pleads

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
biokemguy said:
I think he plead so his clients won't be revealed.

Galea, 51, pleaded guilty in front of U.S. District Judge Richard Arcara to introducing mislabeled drugs into the U.S., eliminating the need for a trial — along with the likelihood that evidence and witness statements could publicly reveal information about whom he visited or billed

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-canadian-doctor-doping-20110707,0,7727624.story

No problem. Look forward to the book deal.

Dave.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Are fans really gonna believe this?

Gotta love how dumb these athletes think the fans are.

Rodriguez, the New York Yankees' star slugger, told Major League Baseball officials that he didn't receive performance-enhancing drugs from Galea after the doctor told the Associated Press he had prescribed anti-inflammatories for him.

Did he really need a doctor that isn't licensed to practice in the US to prescribe anti-inflammatory meds? Surely the Yankees have doctors on staff that could help with some sore muscles or bruises. :rolleyes:

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Chris Bosh (NBA player) is reported to have used Galea's services (his body shape has changed dramatically, since he joined the NBA).

I have heard one report that Galea is expected to tell who got what.

A plea could include a 'who got what' list. It gives him the option of selecting the people he's going to name and shame. Going to trial would have been worse for his clients in this instance.

More importantly, does the list go public in the plea deal?

DirtyWorks said:
A plea could include a 'who got what' list. It gives him the option of selecting the people he's going to name and shame. Going to trial would have been worse for his clients in this instance.

More importantly, does the list go public in the plea deal?

All components of a plea bargain must be expressed in the guilty plea. The guilty plea is a court document, ordinarily open to the public, unless sealed pursuant to court order. Sealing, if ordered, will only be for a limited period.

I doubt that the plea agreement specifies what the government will do with the information, but it is possible, given the Doctor's interest in preserving patient confidentiality (to some extent, at least).

Andynonomous said:
Chris Bosh (NBA player) is reported to have used Galea's services (his body shape has changed dramatically, since he joined the NBA).

I have heard one report that Galea is expected to tell who got what.

Bosh played for Toronto so it would make more sense than A-Rod or Tiger. And it isn't surprising his body would change. He came into the league at 19. Nobody keeps their teenage figure.

D-Queued said:
On second thought, and from different coverage, it looks like his clients are being pursued:

Galea has agreed to co-operate in other federal investigations

But, this means that we may not hear anything until charges are filed.

Dave.

Good article. Post says he has no license to practice medicine in the USA. He can't very well claim that he has any doctor-patient privilege to protect regarding US clients. His clientele should be very edgy.

MarkvW said:
Good article. Post says he has no license to practice medicine in the USA. He can't very well claim that he has any doctor-patient privilege to protect regarding US clients. His clientele should be very edgy.

"We also stand committed to protecting the health and well-being of our citizens by enforcing regulations, which identify the type of substances which may be safely injected into the human body."

But I thought Novitzky was the only guy "wasting" federal funds on these witch hunts...

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
MarkvW said:
The doping doctor to the superstars just pled. He'll snitch on his doping clientele.

A-Rod, Tiger . . .

It's nice to see other scum-ball dopers from the Nike stable of stars being implicated. Good old Phil K really has a talent for signing the choir boys to sell his company's junk products made off the backs of third world citizens that he pays pennies.

Curious to know whether Dara Torres is really implicated in all this.

She really has been selling the world quite a story. Kind of reminds me of the Navy Seals workouts Roger Clemens accredited for his physical dominance so far into his mid-to late 40's.

Not that hard to get those workouts done if you're marinating in HgH.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
The cops were chasing Galea all around central Florida after he did a blood spin procedure on Tiger Woods using borrowed equipment.
I think the doctor took a quick flight to Canada before he could be questioned about doing a knee treatment in Tiger's kitchen.

Dara Torres has lots of things in common with the Rocket, I hope she doesn't go down . Arod's cousin looks like another weak link

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
MarkvW said:
We'll have to see. AP reports a deal. See USA Today. Looks like conflicting media reports.

Feds gave up charges to get this plea, so my bet is cooperation. No doubt things will get clearer later in the day.

It is very unlikely that the Feds agreed to a deal without him talking specifics. That's just not how those folks work.

TRENDING THREADS