• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Any experience with dog bites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2021
Visit site
My mom was riding her bike and was attacked by some kind of German Shephard mix. Apparently the owner wasn't home and the out-of-towner family members who were there weren't able to restrain the dog when it ran into the public street after my mom. It bit her badly on the right calf then bit her on the left calf when she fell off her bike screaming. Some other neighbor was able to fight the dog off.

Mom has a bunch of stiches and her doc told her to cancel the vacation she was about to go on since he's worried about infection/complications while away from home. If it isn't improved in a few days he's sending her to a wound clinic. She's going to have a huge scar and IMO currently has a bit of PTSD.

The dog's owner offered to pay medical bills but is trying not to claim it on her homeowner's insurance. Mom lawyered up but none of us really know what a fair settlement would be. I think more than medical expenses is warranted. I'm also surprised the dog isn't dead yet (sheriff said it's "first time offence" so...).

Do any of you have experience/advice with this sort of thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS