• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Anybody seen John Devine?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Does anybody know what happened to John Devine, the young American who rode for Columbia-High Road in 2008. He was on the USA U-23 team and Discovery Channel in 2007.

I didn't find anything on Highroadsports.com or the teams database on CN and a Google search didn't turn up anything recent.

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
I am also interested in finding out where John Devine is racing. For someone to be riding for a Protour team and then to stop just doesn't make since. If he would have been released from Columbia I am sure he could have found another team. I also remember that Columbia but out a preliminary roster for 2009 and he was on it.

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
loads of people have raised this same question on various forums. Seems a little strange that a Pro rider could just vanish like that.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
It gets stranger: Brian Holm praised him highly at the tail end of last season and he was on the preliminary 2009 roster press-released to the public by the team itself.

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Spoke with Team Columbia today. They said that he wasn't signed on this year and took a year off due to family issues. They wouldn't explain what those issues were. Still doesn't explain why he couldn't get a ride with a smaller team. I do think he was good enough for that. It would have to be a serious family issue for someone just to stop riding after he raced at the highest level.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I'll just keep my eyes open for him to pop up somewhere in 2010! I'd hate it if a young American with his talent just disappears!

I hope he somehow comes by this thread and realizes how much interest there is in him.

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
I wish John Devine would read this forum and post a reply to our questions. Has anyone heard any more. Is he possibly going to get back into racing next year?