• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Anyone else riding...

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Not doing it although I did know guys who used to do 3hr+ sessions on their indoor trainer every day of the Tour whilst watching the coverage.

Also I knew some guys who used to do the stage distances on the road each day of the Giro/Tour/Vuelta and switch between flat and hill routes based upon the day's profile.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
...every day there is a Giro stage and using the Giro rest stages as their own rest days? Or am I just strange?

Damn...and I thought I was kicking up my miles nicely with 4-5 days saddle time a week!

Short answer: no.

Meh, with 2 small kids, I'm stoked with 4-5 ride days...

Good on ya though :D

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I picked the wrong day to ride. Beautiful day, beautiful ride through rolling hills and I felt strong. But came home to find out that the whole Giro had been turned on its head.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
I must admit I thought about it and was thinking about the same thing for Le Tour. So it aint such a ghay idea IMHO

How many miles are your doing each day or week? Are you matching stage profiles?

Boeing said:
I must admit I thought about it and was thinking about the same thing for Le Tour. So it aint such a ghay idea IMHO

How many miles are your doing each day or week? Are you matching stage profiles?

My target is 1000 miles during the Giro, so daily rides do not have to be very long, especially with some long ones on the weekend. This stretch between rest days is getting to me though.

I am not matching the terrain. Do climbing routes on the mountain stage days is a cool idea, but this year's Giro is so backloaded with mountain stages that it would be a killer.

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Just bought myself a trainer to ride through the tour stages this year.

Don't know how my girlfriend is going to sleep, despite this thing apparently being the quietest on the market!

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Martin318is said:
Not doing it although I did know guys who used to do 3hr+ sessions on their indoor trainer every day of the Tour whilst watching the coverage.

Also I knew some guys who used to do the stage distances on the road each day of the Giro/Tour/Vuelta and switch between flat and hill routes based upon the day's profile.

Golly where do nerds such as those exist?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Sad fact but except for weekends I am likely to do LESS riding when races are running on TV

Because of AU time issues and staying up to 1 am even the short 1 hour ride in the morning is tough
I have a STB with recorder, but it is not the same... I also get up at 4 am to watch F1 from the America's, sad but true