• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Anyone have a speed-vs-power curve for Cyclops fluid2 trainer

Aug 15, 2009
Visit site
I have a Cyclops fluid2 trainer and I would be interested to know if anyone has a speed-vs-power curve for this trainer. I don't have a power tap unit but I would like to know what my approx output is when riding at a given speed. I asked Saris, the makers of Cyclops and they gave me a non answer. I would think that it would be relatively easy(if you had a power meter on the bike) to ride at a steady state at 12, 15, 18, 21, 25,28, 30 and publish that data but I have been unable to find it on my searches. If anyone has such a data set I would be interested to see it.

Thanks

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Oldbiker said:
I have a Cyclops fluid2 trainer and I would be interested to know if anyone has a speed-vs-power curve for this trainer. I don't have a power tap unit but I would like to know what my approx output is when riding at a given speed. I asked Saris, the makers of Cyclops and they gave me a non answer. I would think that it would be relatively easy(if you had a power meter on the bike) to ride at a steady state at 12, 15, 18, 21, 25,28, 30 and publish that data but I have been unable to find it on my searches. If anyone has such a data set I would be interested to see it.

Thanks

http://www.saris.com/p-309-fluid.aspx

Click 'Design Features' under the pic.