• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Anyone know John O'Connell?

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi, all. I'm co-organising a final reunion in September for old boys (1951 entry, so very old boys!:)) of the Royal Liberty School, Romford.
It'll be a reunion debut for John Waller, who's travelling from the Canaries, and he's very keen to meet his old cycling buddy John O'Connell. The pair of them used to frequent Rory O'Brien's cycle shop in North Street, Romford -- and John O was later John W's best man.
In the hope that old cyclists never die, I hope John O'Connell, or anyone who knows his whereabouts, will contact me through this forum. All genuine info gratefully received!
John Morris

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Skippy -- don't think so. I wasn't a mate of his, but he lived in Romford when we were in our teens. He would now be 70-71. I'll make enquiries of his old buddy, who's keen to see him again. Thanks for giving us hope!

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
'Fraid not -- I did a bit of cycling in the 50s and 60s, but since then, nothing. I'm the John Morris who tried to recapture the golden days by taking his son's racing bike out at 5.50 one morning last year, promptly falling off in his own driveway and being housebound for three weeks with sciatica...

TRENDING THREADS