• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Armstrong

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
September 17, 2010 at 11:01 AM

BOISE, Idaho - Olympic gold medalist Kristin Armstrong (37) is considering a comeback to professional cycling just days after giving birth to a son and a year after leaving the sport.

The 2008 Beijing Olympics time-trial champion says she may rejoin the ranks of the women's peloton.
Armstrong gave birth to a boy, Lucas William Savola, on Wednesday.

Now, the Boise, Idaho, resident told [The Associated Press] that she and her husband, Joe Savola, are "definitely going to enjoy the weeks and days ahead with our new little addition" but that's she's not ruling out a comeback.

kristin-armstrong-3.jpg

JUYONGGUAN, China, 13 Aug, 2008 - American Kristin Armstrong joined a select club of cyclists when she added the Olympic time trial gold to her 2006 world title on Wednesday.

The most successful American women road cyclist, Armstrong won the 2009 World Cycling Championship in Mendrisio, Switzerland, before retiring.

She won her first world championship gold medal at a time trial near Salzburg, Austria in 2006.

0305_local_armstrong.standalone.prod_affiliate.36.jpg

Olympic gold medal cyclist Kristin Armstrong is a strong advocate for bicycle safety. In the picture [she testifies] in support of Senate Bill 1348 in front of the Senate Transportation Committee. The bill requires motorists to stay at least three feet from bicyclists while passing in a shared lane.
chini.gif

The 'one' Armstrong goes another 'one' pops up again.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I rode with one of the peanut butter girls, she was an extremely strong rider.What a coach //Armstrong support women cyclists!

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Kristin Armstrong and I hit it off when she was her mid 20's.

I got an E-Mail from her the other day. She thinks she can win the rainbow jersey again next year in the TT.